4/20/04 NOW: S KS /E OK

Ya, I definitely see rotation there with that cell. I just got off the phone with Jason Montano who is en route heading through the North side of Tulsa as we speak.

thanks for the feedback

Wayne,

Thanks for your feedback. Its really easy to confuse the frontal boundary with the outflow boundary. Someone else mentioned a anticyclonic rotation in this thread. Check out the link to NWS radar for Omaha:
http://www.crh.noaa.gov/radar/loop/DS.p19r...0/si.koax.shtml

This huge supercell is unusual in that the overshooting top is actually backshooting north while its moving SE. Also, a couple of tornado warnings were issued for this cell. I was able to observe a reverse hook on the south side of the cell as it moves SE. Looks like its on a possible track towards Omaha. Lets hope Mrobinson see this and get pics of this storm coming in!!

Happy Storm Hunting in KS MO and OK!! 8) LJK.

Just got off the phone with Jason Montano who is in Sapulpa.......a tornado has been spotted on the ground by another spotter but Jason is having trouble seeing it.

The storm near Stroud is showing signs of rapid intensification. We were stuck there all damn afternoon after the new motor in my chase partner's truck died. So after baking in the sun all afternoon under hot humid skies, I'm now home (just got back 30 minutes ago via truck/trailer hauler) watching a storm intensify exactly where we were, to the mile.

Ya Tim, very nice graphic.....I am impressed. This thing is really looking good on radar and Shane is right, the cell to its SW is looking very similar to this one....I would not be surprised to see it tornado here within the next 30 mins.

Wonder what's up with the storm movement data feeding the INX storm relative motions... whatever values they're using really suck. Base velocity seems to be working out better.

Tim

Awesome hook on the south-Tulsa storm. Very nice couplet also on the Craig county storm! New watch out mentions hail to 4"! Time to pull the car in the garage!

Tornadoes near Tulsa

Another storm later produced a brief tornado touchdown in NE Broken Arrow, OK. KOKI Fox 23 had two storm chasers on the storm, and showed video from two different views of a quick touch-down near the Broken Arrow expressway and 71st.

Back