3/27 OK/KS NOW REPORTS.. 3rd party and real time discussion

408PM ET- Amos Magliocco just intercepted a small rope tornado north-northwest of Clintion, OK....Hes continuing northeast on 33 staying just south of the meso attm.

Dont know why theres no Storm report of that large multi-vortex tornado reported by spotters in OK earlier..

just issued..according to dopplar a mesocyclone was detected..ahh..it just changed to 3D correlated shear as I was typing this.

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...
SOUTHEASTERN CUSTER COUNTY IN WESTERN OKLAHOMA

* UNTIL 545 PM CST

* AT 512 PM CST...DOPPLER RADAR DETECTED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM
CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO 5 MILES SOUTHWEST OF WEATHERFORD...
MOVING NORTHEAST AT 30 MPH.

There was an F3 wedge tornado today!!! Too bad no one was on it since it was early...like around 1:13 pm..

0113 PM TORNADO 5 NW KINSLEY 37.97N 99.48W
03/27/2004 F3 EDWARDS KS TRAINED SPOTTER

TORNADO TOUCHED DOWN 5 MILES NORTHWEST OF KINSLEY AND
DISSIPATED 12 MILES NORTH OF KINSLEY. THE PATH LENGTH WAS
10 MILES WITH A MAXIMUM WIDTH OF 3/4 MILE. SEVERAL FARMS
WERE HIT. FIVE EQUIPMENT BUILDINGS WERE DESTROYED, AND A
HOUSE WAS KNOCKED FROM ITS FOUNDATION. A STOCK TRAILER
WAS BLOWN 3/4 MILE FROM ITS ORIGINAL LOCATION.

Awesome! First F3 of 2004!!!

Originally posted by Kevin Statler
There was an F3 wedge tornado today!!! Too bad no one was on it since it was early...like around 1:13 pm..

Ah, but someone DID see it, and catch it on tape! :D My chaser, Lance Ferguson, caught the entire lifecycle of the tornado from just a few miles away. He bagged it just as I finished the trip from home to the station to pick up a photographer for my own chase (which was a bust, but oh, well...)

Started and finished as a rope. I saw only a short part of the raw tape, but it looked like the wedge lasted about 3-4 minutes.

It'll be on our 10pm newscast tonight - which will air more like 11:30 because of NCAA basketball.

Best,
Scott Roberts
Chase Coordinator
KWCH Storm Team 12, Wichita, KS

Originally posted by Scott Roberts+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scott Roberts)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Kevin Statler

Ah, but someone DID see it, and catch it on tape! :D My chaser, Lance Ferguson, caught the entire lifecycle of the tornado from just a few miles away. He bagged it just as I finished the trip from home to the station to pick up a photographer for my own chase (which was a bust, but oh, well...)

Started and finished as a rope. I saw only a short part of the raw tape, but it looked like the wedge lasted about 3-4 minutes.

It'll be on our 10pm newscast tonight - which will air more like 11:30 because of NCAA basketball.

Best,
Scott Roberts
Chase Coordinator
KWCH Storm Team 12, Wichita, KS[/b]

I believe others were on it as well.. Its rumored that Roger Edwards may have caught this one but I can't confirm it.

It was David. we were only about 1/4 mile away before it dissapated. We werent even sure it was a tornado until we reviewed the video and saw the debris swirl. It was a really fun chase with good results (alot of luck thrown in).

NOTE I made a special effort not to cuss while anybody was shooting which is hard to do sometimes when your excited. :lol:

Sherman's Observations

Hey ya'll (I am spending way too much time in the south),

Yesterday was very fun. Went out with a couple of chasers out towards Watanga, Weatherford, Geary & Okarche. Saw four funnel clouds / tornadoes. Also saw penny size hail just west of downtown Okarche around twilight. Let's see if this is an indication of a busy storm chasing season.

Back