2018-06-11 Event: NE/KS/IA/MO

Oh it's happening sweetheart.

Strong SE winds ahead of a fairly sharp front in Central Neb. Solid vort max with good timing. Hodo's and VAD's this morning showing moderate 0-3km SRH. 3k SBCAPE already in please and lots more coming. Storm motions that aren't totally insane hopefully will give enough time to hold some supercellular characteristics before things get cold pooled.

This is going to be a Hail and brief tornado party. I would expect right about 21Z that we have a line of hybrid supers going up along the front and capable of producing some TORs for about an hour before they start to become outflow dominant. Hail will probably be very big.

Cams are in fairly good agreement, outside of the EURO which has bit faster progression. Further east into IA you might get some longer lived sells, but they will be far from the best dynamics. None the less hail and wind producers.
uh25_max.us_c.png

We just got a nice C2G show here in Omaha at around 9am with some pre-frontal energy. The ground is nice and moist and expect lots of ETP today keeping TD's up near 70-73. With surface temps booming up to near 100 to our south and good lapse rates the odds of a CAP bust are fairly low. Target: Raymond, NE (just NW of Lincoln), if I wasn't stuck at work today.

Y'all better go get me some good pictures.

Back