2011-04-27 NOW: LA, MS, AL, TN

Tornado on its way to Tuscaloosa. Will go between Aliceville and Union.

Looks like Adam Reagan has a tornado on chaser tv!

Edit: now looks like he's running from it ?

Extremely impressive hook echo and couplet just passed north of Pisgah, AL. That storm is almost surely producing. Look at how the opposite end of the bowing RFD gust front curls. Anticyclonic tornadoes look more than possible west of the hook/main couplet:

110427hook.jpg

Someone has got to tell those folks that the velocity data they are showing (and probing to get values) are folded. The guy keeps clicking around on the image, seemingly surprised that the velocities are all <65 mph. Dude -- they're folded! When the flow is as strong as it is today, showing unfolded velocities are almost meaningless. I like the on-camera met, but the guy behind the scenes (the one clicking around to find the max velocities) is apparently forgetting that the velocity data are folded. My L3 data from KBMX are showing >120 kt at 0.5 degree NW of BMX attm.

Oakman N of Tuscaloosa (SW Walker Co) is going to get clobbered. The SRV image is amazing.

the town of Berry, AL is reporting debris falling from the sky from a storm passing too it's south!!

Large tornado heading toward Parrish, AL right now. Tornado emergency has been issued (debris signature has been present for some time). Interestingly, this town was hit directly by an EF3 tornado on April 24, 2010 ... let's hope this one stays outside town.

Charlie Davidson's live stream looks like he's in a bad spot on the huntsville storm. Looks like it could be a rain wrapped beast.

One of the guys calling in (works for the station) at CBS 42 just told people not to stop on the side of the road, to get under the overpass. (face:palm)

I heard that, and I was REALLY hoping the on-air mets would correct him. That's absolutely a terrible idea.

04272011_tornado_outbreak_2138utc_srv05_bmx_2panel.png

That tornado is being shown live. Personally, I'm worried that media person in the field is going to be WAY too close to that tornado. If it's weakening a bit, it may jog leftward a bit, and he said he may end up a bit north of it.

we were just on an intense cell in Decatur but we had to turn around, showed a nice base and brief funnel, but went back, we back tracked to the west to get another storm but it was way too rain wrapped. another storm right behind the last one coming this way! getting ready to try and intercept.

im with Adam Reagan, and 2 other chasers from Murfreesboro.

http://www.chasertv.com/api/static_pages/lite/421_adam-reagan.php

Back