2008 National Storm Chaser Convention

Hi everyone!

The 10th Annual 2008 National Storm Chaser Convention web site is back on line, being updated and you CAN NOW SIGN UP!!!! If you are interested in being a sponsor, please contact me for details.

Check it out at: www.chaserconvention.com

We are still waiting on a few RSVPs from speakers, but as of now the outstanding lineup includes:

Dr Josh Wurman and Sean Casey as our keynote speakers. Sean will unveil the NEW TIV II!!!!!

Dr Greg Forbes from TWC

Dr Howie Bluestein

David Hoadley

Tim Marshall

Tim Samaras

Jon Davies

Mike Umscheid

There will be a few more as we get confirmations back. As you can see the line up is HUGE this year and will only get better!

Same hotel as last year. And the dates again are Feb 15-17, President's Day Weekend.

The rate was raised $7 per person to cover the increase in food and catering costs. Remember, Tim Samaras and I don't make anything off of this. We sweat it out each year, pricing it to only cover our costs, hoping we break even! This convention is solely for YOU, the CHASER!!!!!

Roger Hill

If you would like to help us promote the convention on your website, and get a link on the convention website in return, please check out this link:

http://chaserconvention.com/content/view/17/33/

Additionally, I am looking for some fresh images for the "pic of the day" image rotator I have on the main page. Looking for tornadoes from 2007 and especially pictures from the 2007 convention. If you have something you would like to contribute, please contact me PM or email. Thanks!

If anyone has any actual pics from last years convention, and wouldn't mind me putting them in the random image generator on the convention site, please PM me. Thanks!

I am sorry if I've asked this before (I can't remember) but will there be official training during this convection? Thank you.

Hello everyone,

There will be basic and advanced spotter training conducted Sunday afternoon, which of course is free to attend for anyone. Mick, I will put you down for a booth for the Storms of 200X DVD sales, no problem.

The agenda has been developed, pending a couple of topics from various speakers and David Drummond should have it posted soon.

Hope to see a bunch of you there!

Hello everyone,
Mick, I will put you down for a booth for the Storms of 200X DVD sales, no problem.

Fantastic, thank you. I will email you tonight with some other questions as well about vendor pricing and such. I will not be able to make it due to other obligations but Verne Carlson will be there to man the booth.

Mick

I just made my reservations at the convention hotel. I had forgotten that the hotel offers a free shuttle to the Denver airport. Nice, for those flying in if they don't intend on renting a car.

Bill Hark

I just made my reservations at the convention hotel. I had forgotten that the hotel offers a free shuttle to the Denver airport. Nice, for those flying in if they don't intend on renting a car.

This is nice. One note is that a couple years ago, my flight in was delayed and we didn't get there until around midnight and the shuttle stopped at 11pm. The only thing still running was the SuperShuttle and they wanted $40/person!

I'm getting in mid-afternoon this year, so that better not be a problem this time!

-John

Good day all...

I am solo out there this year, and eager to see all of you guys!

I am coming in a day earlier (Thursday 2-14) to play in the mountains Friday before ice-breaker and will be staying until Afternoon on Sunday the 17th.

I have a large room there, anyone wants to split with me and / or cannot find a room let me know.

The Raddison is charging only $74 bucks and those are going fast...

I will be renting my own vehicle so if anyone needs a ride and its the time I am getting in (9 PM thunrsday) feel free to PM me.

Hope you all make it there this year...

Time running out!

Hi everyone!

Just an FYI on a couple items for the upcoming convention ONLY 3.5 weeks away!

The hotel has guaranteed room availability at the discounted rate of $74 through Feb 8th, only a little over 2 weeks away.

Online registration is cut off Feb 12th to allow us to complete our banquet order.

Mail in registration cut off is Feb 10th to allow for mail in time.

There will be a limited number of registrations available to be purchased at the door for a cost of $96 per person, but PLEASE don't use this as your main option as at the door registrations will be quite limited.

We look forward to seeing you in beautiful Denver in Feb!

Roger Hill

Back