2007 National Storm Chaser Convention

I would like to officially announce here that the website is operational and that registrations for the 2007 National Storm Chaser Convention in Denver, Colorado are now being taken!

The convention will be February 16-18, 2007.

This is the largest single chaser convergence on the planet every year and whether you have never been, or are a repeat attendee, you will be very pleased to hear that once again we have the single best collection of speakers in the severe weather community that can be found in a single event! Such speakers as:

Dr William Gray
Dr Howie Bluestein
Dr Greg Forbes
Dr Walt Lyons
Dr Josh Wurman
Dan McCarthy
Al Pietrycha
Tim Marshall
Jon Davies
Steve Hodanish
and MORE!

We have secured a special hotel room rate at the Radisson where the convention will be held as well, but the time is limited on that so book early.

Find out all the developing details and register directly on the National Storm Chaser Convention website at http://chaserconvention.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I have placed a random image display script on the main page of the National Storm Chaser Convention. If anyone has any past images they took from the convention that they would like to see pop up there, please let me know. Also any tornado images from 2006. All images will have the photog name on them and owners retain all copyrights.

http://chaserconvention.com

Hi- I know it's early and the agenda hasn't been announced but can you give an estimate on when you anticipate the convention will end for those looking to book flights out on Sunday?
Thanks.
Laura

We should be wrapping things up by around 4 PM SUnday, except for a spotter training class that will be held by the NWS BOU and GLD.

Roger Hill

Happy New Year to you all!
Oh, it just kills me to have to miss this convention again, but my business begins to really ramp up in February, and I just can't leave it.
So, my question is...... what is the possibility that the entire thing will be taped, with copies available for sale? I'd bet nationwide there would be a market for this annual event on tape. Perhaps some decent $$$ could be generated if it were marketed correctly. I know I'd buy it.
Thank you... Joel Ewing / Tucson, Az.

I've never been able to attend the convention. I didn't see anything on here about which Radisson Hotel in Denver the convention was held at. There are two. I think it's the Radisson Southeast, but I wanted to clarify. Does anyone know?

I've never been able to attend the convention. I didn't see anything on here about which Radisson Hotel in Denver the convention was held at. There are two. I think it's the Radisson Southeast, but I wanted to clarify. Does anyone know?

Go to the website Marc, http://chaserconvention.com and in the top menu click on LOCATION. It will tell you all about it. Your right, it's the SE one.

Hello everyone!

Well, we finally have the agenda done and most speaker topics submitted. There will be a HUGE update to the web site for the convention this weekend per Dave Drummond! Please check it out at www.chaserconvention.com

Folks, this will be the BIGGEST and BEST Convention yet! The 2007 9th Annual National Storm Chaser Convention, is focused on YOU, the CHASER and weather enthusiast!

This 3 day event will begin Friday evening with an ice breaker from 6:30 to 9 PM, free snacks sponsored by Bob and Marilyn Wear, in memory of our dear friend Jeff.

Saturday will be jam packed with so many world renowned speakers, presenting on your favorite subjects, that it isn't even funny! Dr Greg Forbes (TWC), Dr Howie Bluestein, Dr Josh Wurman, Dr Walt Lyons, Dan McCarthy from SPC, Tim Marshall, Jon Davies, Al Pietrycha, Steve Hodanish and Mike Umscheid, followed by none other than Dr William Gray as our keynote speaker at the evening banquet (dinner included in the convention registration!).

Sunday, come to LEARN, as Dr Forbes teaches on the importance of boundaries in severe weather and tornadogenesis, Dr Howie Blustein teaches Radar 101, Dan McCarthy teaches on the Skew t diagram, Jon Davies on Tornado Parameters in forecasting, and Mike Umscheid (Mr Tornado) teaches his favorite subject! Then the afternoon will be a FREE basic and advanced spotter training class conducted by Bob Glancy (WCM BOU) and David Floyd (WCM GLD).

This convention has EVERYTHING!! There will be MANY MANY vendors showing their goods off for everyone to see, along with MANY door prizes too!!!

We still have a ton of snow here in Denver, but hopefully it will be only in the mountains when the convention starts. Great skiing, great fun!!! We look forward to seeing you here!!!

Roger Hill

Back