12/29/06 NOW: KS / OK / TX

Yeah, very true but you can never be sure with flying debris. Could have been anything that caused the fatality from flying glass or anything else imaginable.

Either way, Wall Cloud and intense lightning still being reported from the DFW storm.

I couldn't imagine chasing today with the already low overcast skies and the tough visibility conditions being presented therein. Contrast would be very low and with the early sunset and quick storm motions, I can't imagine it being an easy chase. The instability has really decreased across the area per the Mesoanalysis. That probably has something to do with the downturn in intensity the past hour or so overall...

Last edited by a moderator:
The storm is back building and a storm has developed S of Arlington. Great link David, those pics are good. I bet visibility was horrible today for anyone out there chasing, like a blanket over you guys all day. E Texas is in for the worst part of this outbreak things are really getting organized. The sun going down is not having an effect right now because the air mass over Tx is like a pressure cooker right now.

EDIT* DFW Airport is in the cross hairs the storm has a classic hook look to it and is headed right for the airport. It looks as healthy as i have seen this storm since it began 6 hours ago.

EDIT* Local Dallas news station radar is detecting rotation 2miles south of Lewisville, TX. This storm has a classic hook. WOW the bottom half of that storm has taken a right turn and is wraping around man look at the baby spin. This new area of rotation has developed in the last 10 min. When they go they go fast.

Able to make out where the cold front is lol that is one intense squall line. Look for that added push needed to get these storm moving in a more NNE direction which if im right should help these storms rotate. Like I keep saying there is still alot to come for E Tx.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are heading back to Austin now from Bell Co. I will include a report and some photos of the line when I get back home. Didnt catch a tornado :( there will be another chance :)

Back