11/29/06 NOW: KS/MO/OK/TX/AR/IL

Is anyone watching the tornado warned cell in south TX. I was curious if others were seeing weak rotation or if it was just my wishful thinking.

We're back to light sleet and frz drizzle

in the KC Metro at 9pm. We have about a two inch crunchy layer of sleet and ice and you can tell the ground is still warm. There is a lot of melting going on below the crunchy layer. This icy mix should hang on though and provide a great base for tomorrow's snowstorm to build up a nice accumulation.

Weak rotation (but still rotation) in that Bandera County, TX storm.
Couplet stronger now in refresh radar update... possible tornado near the town of Mico, TX. This storm appears to be moving in on the north/northwest sides of the San Antonio metro area!
Now rotation weakens again. Must be pulsing. Rotation is very small scale, but still there.

Last edited by a moderator:
it has been pulsing for the last hour or so... from 20,000ft up to 32,000 from 50dbz return to 70dbz. If it holds out it looks to be makeing a line for the Austin Metro area.

heading this way

TVS, tops at 25. If it turns, I'm going to sit on the front porch.

TVS

Tops back to 30, new TVS entering Comal Co. North of San Antonio

tonight

Your right, that's why we never went, but fun to watch and monitor. After driving two and a half hours today for rain and inflow bands, it was nice to sit down at the computer and watch a decent storm try to form.....which never happend.

Back