11/13/05: WIND EVENT / NOVEMBER GALE

What were the highest gusts recorded with this system? Did it get as high as forecasted? I noticed a 20' birch tree snapped off about four feet above the ground just up my street.

It now looks as if the storm for Tuesday-Wednesday could beat this latest one. I wouldn't be surprised to see very high winds for much of the midwest as the new low bombs. This one could have some wet snow with it too! :D

What were the highest gusts recorded with this system? Did it get as high as forecasted? I noticed a 20' birch tree snapped off about four feet above the ground just up my street.

It now looks as if the storm for Tuesday-Wednesday could beat this latest one. I wouldn't be surprised to see very high winds for much of the midwest as the new low bombs. This one could have some wet snow with it too! :D

I believe the highest gusts were 75-80MPH near the Mackinac bridge. I was calling for an isolated 90MPH amount, while the NWS was calling for 65MPH. It was in between, so I guess we were both right :D

Seems widespread max gusts of 60-70MPH were common, but I wouldn't be surprised if some areas gusted higher. Spotter and METAR networks up in that area of MI are rather thin.

Highest wind gust here was about 60MPH at around 8:30-9:00PM, which partially blew in our garage door. I was surprised how much winds kicked up after sun went down - that's usually the opposite of what happens. I also finally got my weather station straightened out - After I switched the software, the highest gust was 76MPH, which corresponded to the 60MPH gust, so I just calibrated the wind readings using a negative percentage offset.

This next event certainly holds good potential too in terms of bother severe weather AND high synoptic winds.

HOLLAND LAKESHORE /SPYGLASS/ 70 MPH 305 PM
6 MI SOUTH OF LITTLE SABLE PT 64 MPH 150 PM
WEST OLIVE 62 MPH 225 PM
GRAND RAPIDS 60 MPH 337 PM
MUSKEGON LAKESHORE /GLERL/ 59 MPH 250 PM
GRAND HAVEN LAKESHORE 59 MPH 303 PM
SOUTH HAVEN LAKESHORE /GLERL/ 57 MPH 425 PM

SLEEPING BEAR DUNES 66 MPH 205 PM
SAULT STE MARIE (ONTARIO) 66 MPH 900 PM
POINT IROQUOIS 62 MPH 1000 PM
PRESQUE ISLE LIGHT 60 MPH 455 PM
PELLSTON 59 MPH 103 PM