10/19/2005 NOW: Southern Plains

Wow, TVS tripped for the storm in northern Woods County, OK. There is such a STRONG LARGE couplet there, an dhas very deep gate to gate shear...

Looks like the surface low is passing right through Ks. The front has made it through Dodge City,Ks. Temp. of 54 degrees and winds WNW @ 13 mph.

This may be quit obvisous but it looks like the storms are weakening, as the instability is diminishing for the night. still this was a nice event to watch from home though i wish i could of been there. The cell now just south of ICT had to be the show of the day. I see Justin Teuage caught some interesting things i hope to hear from the rest of the lucky peeps that got to go out after this, what maybe the last chase of the year.

Yeah, the Woodward storm was obviously the show of the day... I'm really looking foward to seeing shots from the day! Storms are pretty much diminishing given boundary layer cooling / loss of instability. There are still a few SVRs in effect across sc KS... Though, most of the activity should completely lose their severe threat within the couple of hours, as the growing complex propagates eastward as a MCS. There was a few tornadoes on the ground reported with the storm (per LSRs) so today did pay off for some chasers...

Congrats to all! 8)

Doesn't look like were done for the night. Some cells racing NE towards the I-35 corridor around the OUN area. Still plenty of shear...Purcell profiler looks amazing, 50 knt lowlevel jet! There ought to be some nice lightning with these as they pass through.

Back