• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

07-04-2021: Illinois Wildfire Smoky Skies and Fireworks

We have had some wildfire smoke bleed in from the northwest up in Canada over the last several days and has led to numerous hazy looking sunsets similar to most of last summer and fall. I figured I'd share some photographs I grabbed during the holiday on July 3-4 when it was most noticeable. Has made for some really great sunsets though I will say that.

_DSC8539.jpg

_DSC8468.jpg

_DSC8479.jpg

_DSC8758.jpg

_DSC8770.jpg

_DSC8778.jpg

_DSC8859.jpg

I included a few firework posts as well, but combined with the stellar evening sunsets has made the last few days quite picturesque! I used my Sony A7RIII with the 12-24mm F/2.8 GM lens for most of these shots. Couple I used the 35mm F/1.4 GM lens along with the 100-400mm GM lens for the zoom shots. No color alterations (photoshop isn't currently working), so only did enough editing to boost the shadows a bit and dynamic range. Enjoy and hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th of July holiday!! It was the best year ever for me as I got engaged during the fireworks show, shortly after taking these. It wasn't easy running 3 cameras and popping the question, but I managed lol :)

Back