04/05/05: FCST: Central Plains/Upper Mississippi Valley

First tornado warning issued - with report of tornado on the ground.

http://kamala.cod.edu/offs/KDDC/0504051943.wfus53.html

The big surprise here is that this cell is behind the dryline - just ahed of the cold front surge.

Glen

Hmm. Isolated cell moving northwest in Reno/Stafford counties, KS also interests me. I'd say it was a supercell, at least, nice and isolated.

I think the tornado potential for Liberal KS has ended - but there was an interesting-looking cell there about 15 mins ago.

KR

Strong convergence along surface boundary, evident as a fineline northwest of DDC, continues to look supportive of landspout type tornadoes such as was reported near Liberal earlier. Otherwise, moisture has rapidly mixed out across much of southcentral KS, and convection continues to struggle in that region.

In central OK - the cell in Hughes county still holding its own, and mergers have sorted out the convection some elsewhere.

Glen

The HP supercell just west of Sallisaw OK has just crossed I-40, and could very possibly have Oklahoma's first sig. tor. of 2005 on the ground.

KR

The (northern) cell southeast of Tyler, TX, appears to be taking on a flying eagle form; a moment ago there was indication of rotation on all velocity tilts from KSHV. Not tornado warned yet.

Back