Years ending with number 8

However, I have been wondering ever since about June if this season will be more productive because of the abundant moisture we've gotten here in Oklahoma. I am speculating that this wetter-than-average year will result in a more-active-than-average severe weather season here in Oklahoma. Of course, that's just all just speculation. Well . . . speculation and the desire to drive shorter distances this spring.

Heh, wouldn't we all like to have the chance to only drive to Highway 283 to meet the dryline and then chase em back home to Central Oklahoma. Keep wishing..you know as well as I do there's NO hope for Oklahoma in the spring :p

There seems to be a pattern of years ending in this particular number, from reports and data I've seen. The only one I can remember is 1998, and what a banner year for crazy weather. January started with a rather sizeable bang with TN and AR getting the brunt of the blow, particularly Jackson, TN, Clarksville, TN, and Little Rock, AR.

Ummm . . . the year you're referring to was actually 1999.

Ummm . . . the year you're referring to was actually 1999.

Oh yeah, oops, got my history mixed up, yet again. I don;t really believe that years ending in 8 are any worse, some do, just talking about it, gettin others views. I frankly could care less about the year number, as long as its a good year. You have to admit though, 98 and 99 were back to back stellar years in the severe weather department. I'm startin to wonder why I even started tis thread.:confused:

1998 was my first season across in the states chasing, and I remember quite a death ridge for some time. However, I was also very wet behind the ears, and missed some stuff too (e.g Spencer - doh).

Back