WX Worx Software Question

Ok with the recent announcement of the addition of SPC Products I am seriously considering purchasing the software. What I'm confused about (and I'm hoping to get it cleared up) is are the warning texts available by clicking on the county or something? I really can't figure this out by looking at the website, so could anyone please clear this up for me? Looks like I might be unloading the funds on it :)

Ok with the recent announcement of the addition of SPC Products I am seriously considering purchasing the software. What I'm confused about (and I'm hoping to get it cleared up) is are the warning texts available by clicking on the county or something? I really can't figure this out by looking at the website, so could anyone please clear this up for me? Looks like I might be unloading the funds on it :)

Chris,
No, the warning text has not been available. The warning will show up graphically on the radar either red, yellow or green depending on the type of warning, and when you drag the pointer over the county you get some text at the bottom of the window telling you what type of warning, what county and the expiration time. Hope that helps.

Thanks man. I'm on the fence about buying it right now as it'd put me in a bit of a pinch as far as the chase budget goes (I always save a few hundred back for those emergencies that can and will occur). Also, I guess I can't get off that easy and I should replace the ol' WX Radio then if that's the case. Although I must admit, a storm chase with the warning tone screaming out of the weather radio would be only half as exciting :p

Part of me thinks I should just invest in a good WiFi setup, but there are situations in Western Oklahoma where you won't get WiFi for a looong time, and sometimes I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out what's going on with that storm in the distance. Decisions decisions.....

Realize that most cell companies offer full data, highspeed where available, for $50-$70/month so throw GRLevelX products on a laptop and you'll have it easily beat. Just depends on coverage in your preferred chase zone...

Realize that most cell companies offer full data, highspeed where available, for $50-$70/month so throw GRLevelX products on a laptop and you'll have it easily beat. Just depends on coverage in your preferred chase zone...

If it has anything to do with the southern plains. Especially Western kansas, eastern Colorado and the Texas panhandle then forget almost any kind of cell data let alone high speed..

Even though it has drawbacks thats one great thing about WxWorx. Its on anywhere at all times. I would love to be able to combine GRLevel radar with XM's satellite service. ALl our prayers would be answered but until then this is about as good as you will get except along interstates.

Back