WX Receiver with S.A.M.E.

• Thread starter Christopher Madairy
  • Start date

Christopher Madairy

Good day everyone. I am trying to find a scanner or Wx Radio that has S.A.M.E. with the option for an external mobile antenna and aux speaker output. I can find these options on different rigs, but am unable to find one with all three. Anyone know of one? Thanks & 73 to all.

Christopher, N3QXX

http://www.midlandradio.com/products.asp?pid=33 - I use the Midland WR-300 S.A.M.E. as my default weather radio in my car. I also use my 2m transmitter, a Uniden scanner and a portable weather radio at the same time for NWR coverage, but the WR-300 is the default one. The WR-300 features a RCA jack to hook up an external antenna, I hook up a scanner antenna I bought from Radio Shack to it, I can pick up Emporia's NWR station from here in Kansas City. There is also a place for external sound output and alert output.

Originally posted by Dan Cook
Ben how do you secure that? with velcro?

I mount it in the center console above a compartment for music CDs, between the passenger and the driver seat in my car. I use outdoor double stick mounting tape, and I mount it on the little door for the compartment. The outdoor double stick mounting tape, which you can buy at Wal-Mart for about $3.96, it holds up to 5 pounds, and since I never intend to take out the weather radio of the car, I used that option.

Originally posted by Ben Prusia+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ben Prusia)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Dan Cook
Ben how do you secure that? with velcro?

I mount it in the center console above a compartment for music CDs, between the passenger and the driver seat in my car. I use outdoor double stick mounting tape, and I mount it on the little door for the compartment. The outdoor double stick mounting tape, which you can buy at Wal-Mart for about $3.96, it holds up to 5 pounds, and since I never intend to take out the weather radio of the car, I used that option.[/b]

Cool.

I'm thinking of getting this one:

[Broken External Image]:http://lib1.store.vip.sc5.yahoo.com/lib/giftngadget/wr103l.jpg

Mobile WX

Thanks for the feedback. The Pro 96 is a nice radio, but it's pretty expensive and more scanner than I need. The Orgeon Scientific silver radio does not have the capability to be powered by 12v or an external antenna, does it? That would be a great if it did.
My location has terrible coverage for my wx radio (Small yellow Oregon Scien) in the truck w/o an external antenna. I can tune the wx freqs on my 2m rig, but that keeps one side of my rig busy and since it has no S.A.M.E., I'd have to listent to it all the time. I'd loved to find a WX radio that has 12v & external speaker with S.A.M.E. for a decent price. If I could find such a radio, I could place it behind my rear passenger seat, connect it to a the Rig Runner and with an external speaker in the front of the truck, forget about the radio once the S.A.M.E. codes are programmed. I just have to keep looking and waiting I guess. Thanks again for the feedback and 73. :)

Christopher, N3QXX

Back