Windsor Tornado Over Denver

More detailed description on my blog...

20080522_Windsor.jpg

I thought this was an interesting case study that perhaps I'll dive more into at some point, but I basically took the Windsor tornado of May 22 and overlayed its path 50 miles south over the Denver metro area. Again, this is basically due south of the original track by about 50 miles; no intentional east/west shift. It makes for an interesting thought to what-if this had happened down here.

I wrote a semi-detailed description detailing a few highlighted areas along this path on my blog, but thought I would leave it up for comment.

Obviously path information, times, and other stats were taken from the National Weather Service in Boulder...

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/crnews/display_story.php?wfo=bou&storyid=14849&source=0

Last edited:
Pretty spooky. I've given thoughts, too, on what would've happened had the Jarrell tornado went through Austin instead ...

Wow, that is scary to think about. I had thought about this some as I work at a middle school/elementary school and I was working there that day. I was watching the clouds and a little concerned about this to say the least. We did end up chasing the elementary students inside to avoid hail that day. This thought really hits home though. If this had been the path of the storm, it would have hit one of my closest friends, taken out her school (a school that has a horrible tornado safety plan I might add...but that is another topic) and several other friends. That is from the personal side. Just thinking what it would have it on a city as a whole scale is frightening.

You pretty near nailed my house........I could throw a rock and hit the path you laid out. I don't live very far either from where the 02' landspout tore thru Gartell and 470. I was just thinking about the Windsor tornado last night and all of the strange events surrounding it.

Back