What's the warmest temperature you ever experienced.

The warmest temperature I ever experienced was in Needles, CA. Whilst we were on holiday in the States we had to pass through there and so we stayed at the KOA campsite and it was so hot, hot, hot! I think they said it got up to around 121 degrees that day (this was back in 1998). We literally could not move for the heat and I kept getting nose bleeds it was that bad. It finally warmed down in the evening but it was the first time I had experienced heat like that for a few years and it hit me hard. Coming from the climate that we have here in the UK, that sort of heat can be intense if you have not felt it for a while!

There are 3 different times that come to mind for me. 1st was in Mountain Home Idaho in 1988 or 1999 when it hit 108 or 109 degrees. I was on a detail cleaning out a quonset hut full of junk and thought I was gonna die. I was also in Phoenix one day in summer 1990 when it hit 120 or so. I was driving a semi truck at the time and had to go pick up potato's out by Queens Creek and the workers had me turn the A/C unit in the trailer on so that it would blow on them while they loaded the truck. I also remember back in 1984 here in KC when it hit 107 or so. I worked at a gas station on summer break and was outside pumping gas and fixing flat tires all day and I had a terrible heat rash after that. I also remeber driving home in a '76 Grand Prix with leather seats, no A/C and glass t-tops. Whew! Summer of 1980 also was extremely hot and dry here, something like 20 days in a row over 100 degrees. Compare to this year, hasn't even hit 90 yet, I think we are about to break a record for latest date to hit 90, last year the opposite, hot and dry.

Back