What video camera/camcorder are you chasing with?

I know everybody has a preference for their video equipment so I am curious what video camera/camcorder you are using this year. Seems most members are planning an upgrade or would like to.

I am currently using a Sony DCR-TRV510 Digital8 and a JVC GRD33US miniDV. I would like a nice 3CCD camera but buying a house put a stop to that for this year.

I just got a new Sony VX2100, which beats the pants off my old Canon Optura Pi... Both are mini-DV, but the VX2100 is 3CCD and has larger chips (1/3" I believe) than the Canon (probably less than 1/4")... Low-light is the biggest advantage, but color reproduction and sound quality are much better as well.

Sony CCD-TRV87. Hi8, an analog tape format but it still outperforms my uncle's DCR-TRV230 Digital 8 because of its higher resolution CCD.

Panasonic GS70D... MiniDV on the cheap end of 3CCD cameras. I haven't invested in a better camera.

A couple of times, I have borrowed one of my television station's news cameras on a chase (with permission of course)... I call a personal chase a possible "newsworthy event!!!"

By the way, if anyone ever has any pics of storms to share on a chase day, and wouldn't mind me using them in my weathercasts, e-mail them to me at [email protected] ... The photog would get full credit on the air. I love to show the real weather story, regardless of its location.

mp

I upgraded this year to the Sony VX2100. I use my old Sony camera for the dash cam. I don't mean to get off topic, but do you guys utilize the various options on your cameras when you chase. Such as taking off auto focus when you tripod it or adjust the shutter speed when it gets dark. Just curious.

I don't mean to get off topic, but do you guys utilize the various options on your cameras when you chase. Such as taking off auto focus when you tripod it or adjust the shutter speed when it gets dark. Just curious.

I use my cameras manual features quit extensively.

Panasonic DVX100A

This year im using a New Panasonic pv-gs400 3ccd. It 's pretty neat and has a still picture capibility of 4 meg.

i have considered that camera as a back up. What kind of performance are you getting with low light shots?? Im curious.. Also i have read alot about faulty tape drives with that model in particular.. Any issues?

Sony TRV-22.... and a Sony PD-150 when I can get my hands on it. Hoping to save up soon for the 3-CCD or even the 3-CCD HD Camera.

Well, I will be using the Panasonic GS-250 this year, it has up to 3.1MP on the still resolution, but I bet it comes no where close to 3.1MP

Actually, I am awaiting its delivery as the darn camera is on the truck somewhere here in town. So I should get it today.

Back