What cell phone services work the best for chasing?

Originally posted by Skip Talbot
Looks like I slid in under the wire. I tried to add the Media Works package via the Cingular website but kept getting errors. I should have called them. The Media Works package shows up in my features now though so its all good.

If anyone is thinking about adding this feature before Cingular permantly closes the door, the website to add it is still active. Adding it under the My Features section kept giving me an error, but if you go to the Media Packages option under the Media tab, there is a form at the bottom to add it. That one worked for me.

Skip,
I would call Cingular to make sure. They are still selling the MEdiaWorks package, but it's just been revised. So, you will be able to add MEdiaWorks to your plan for the foreseable future, but it'll be the plan with 3MB of wireless internet express. If I were you, I'd call to make sure you got the "old" MediaWorks. IF you didn't, tell them that you tried to add it last week, but kept getting errors -- they'll probably give you the 'old' one if you push hard enough. On your acct manager, there is no difference between the old and new version, thus the reason why you must call. It's much easier to get this settled now than when you get a whopper of a bill. Even without much tethering (I only tethered to test the connection), I'll end up with about 20MB of data useage for this past billing period... At $0.01/kb overage charge, I'd be paying $170 in data charges if I didn't have the unlimited plan (3MB included in plan, 17mb overage).

So far, I have pretty good luck with ALLTEL, their coverage area is kind of limited, but I have the national plan so coverage is not really a worry! Of course, I dont have a laptop, so i dont have to worry about the data problem.

Back