• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

Webcam video of snow with frequent lightning

John Farley

Supporter
Here is some webcam video of snow with frequent lightning around 10:30 last night at Wolf Creek Ski Area in Colorado. I could see that there was a good chance this would happen and decided to head up that way from Pagosa Springs in time to see a couple distant CG bolts near the ski area around 7:30 from the valley near Treasure Falls, but did not go all the way to Wolf Creek because I could see that the first storm was past and there would not be more until after dark - and I don't go up there in the dark because of the risk of hitting deer, elk, etc. So I watched this one on the webcam. Thundersnow occurred there off and on from around 7:30 to 11:30.

Back