WeatherWall Mobile for iOS

Great. I've had a few occasions where the reflectivity gets grayed out while the velocity stays full color... That doesn't seem physically possible. I really hope you eliminate the graying entirely and just use timestamps.

To be honest, probably not going to happen. I've chosen a different philosophy, for better or worse, from other radar apps. In other apps the two (or four) panels are either quasi-independent of each other or fully independent and they aren't the native display mode. Here however, the two panel mode is the native display mode and as such the dual-panel display is time linked so the two panels must be displaying data from the same volume scan. This is important because the relative locations of features matters. Especially with the dual-pol products.

So its different for sure, but I believe you'll get used to it and come to find it a superior experience.

So its different for sure, but I believe you'll get used to it and come to find it a superior experience.

I'll let you try to convince me ;) So far it's not working. If I start the program up and the velocity is grayed out right away, because it's from a previous tilt, it's useless. I'd at like to at least see where the 120kt circulation was, even if it's a few minutes old, but that's not possible. I guess I don't understand what you mean by "native display mode" so far but I really can't take full advantage of a dual-screen until you add DP and SRM data.

Ah, perhaps the graying out is too intense then. It was designed with two goals in mind, to make it obvious it is older data and to still allow you to see things like circulations.

The first update is now live in the App Store! Many improvements across the board!

Of course, there is always more work to be done!

Getting better!

Velocity is still butt ugly, and the legend is in meters per second? I'll grant a pass on SRM but that's needed by storm season.

Agreed, working on a better color table for velocity. The data is in meters per second and I haven't converted it, looks like everyone else is using m/s too.

Have you thought about bringing this application to the Blackberry Playbook?

Back