WeatherScope Problems?

I have been in constant contact with the guys at OCS trying to determine what is going wrong with Weatherscope on my machine. I have a 256mb nVIDIA GeForce FX-5500 card with a Machspeed motherboard and 3.0 GhZ P4 CPU. It continues to crash and I have checked drivers and everything and I can not determine a solution. It runs fine on my laptop with the ATI 128mb card installed. Another friend has a laptop with an nVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS card and his does the same thing. Anyone know a possible solution? Thanks.

Well, just enough to get a good card to run the program. I don't understand how the card can not support Direct X 9.0C yet it runs GR2AE and all the other programs that HAVE to have that version of DirectX. I'm still going to make an attempt by changing the video card. I suppose I might need to go with an ATI this time. Either AGP 4x or 8x.

I have been in constant contact with the guys at OCS trying to determine what is going wrong with Weatherscope on my machine. I have a 256mb nVIDIA GeForce FX-5500 card with a Machspeed motherboard and 3.0 GhZ P4 CPU. It continues to crash and I have checked drivers and everything and I can not determine a solution. It runs fine on my laptop with the ATI 128mb card installed. Another friend has a laptop with an nVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS card and his does the same thing. Anyone know a possible solution? Thanks.

Keep in mind I haven't used Weatherscope much but I believe its OpenGL based and not DirectX. With that in mind rushing out to buy a new video card might not be the best idea. Have the OCS guys done any sort of debugging, have you sent them a crash dump? I'd suspect this plus a quirk in either some video cards or a way they are doing things as the problem. That said changing video cards might fix your problems anyways.

Back