Was it just me or....

For what it's worth I wasn't able to get in either. I tried a few times throughout the day (my time) but all I got was idle loading (or what the heck the term is :lol: ), no screen errors or anything like that.

Take care

Sounds like what I got. I would act like it was going to load, take a long time, and then display "Page cannot be found". Was the same for the forum as well as the main ST page. I could however ping the site easily.

Here's a possibility - the server was down.

If the server was down, I would not have been able to ping it though. Seemed more like httpd service was down.

There was a DDOS attack on the host servers.

I was able to ping and tracert the address/server, but the page wouldn't load. I'm not sure of the technical aspects of stopping an attack, so I assume this is usual for such a thing.

Here's a possibility - the server was down.

If the server was down, I would not have been able to ping it though. Seemed more like httpd service was down.

well whatever it was, it was the longest few hours of my life, deprived of the latest discussion and gossip in the world of storm chasing and pseudo-storm chasing related material... :p

well whatever it was, it was the longest few hours of my life, deprived of the latest discussion and gossip in the world of storm chasing and pseudo-storm chasing related material... :p

ROFL Mike.......ya - guilty as charged here!

It's kinda neat to see myself actually go through withdrawals when I can't sit and refresh ST all the time. I guess you just don't realize what you have until it's gone, huh? :wink:

KR

You should have been here the night then shut the power down in the whole town for FOUR HOURS to replace one of the main supply line transformers or something.

Let's just say that power inverter in the chase van, an extension cord, my laptop, and my sprint aircard all came in to play!

You should have been here the night then shut the power down in the whole town for FOUR HOURS to replace one of the main supply line transformers or something.

Let's just say that power inverter in the chase van, an extension cord, my laptop, and my sprint aircard all came in to play!

Now that shows dedication and ingenuity :D

Back