Wall Cloud or not?

Hey gang!

It's been one hell of a month here in Quebec! We almost get 2 to 3 storms a week since the beginning of the month! Anyway...

I capture some footage on july 21th and some of the video grabs got my attention, here are two of them (sorry for the low quality):
210706-7gm.jpg

and

210706-9gm.jpg

On these two shots the lightning seems to come out of what looks like a wall cloud..... what do you think? A meso was detected on radar about 10 minutes earlier in that same direction.

Any comments are welcomed!

Sorry, but your descriptions of the storm and all are extremely vague, I do not believe many people will be able to interpolate anything from these images either. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Sorry, but your descriptions of the storm and all are extremely vague, I do not believe many people will be able to interpolate anything from these images either. Sorry I can't be of more help.
[/b]

What Direction are you looking compared to the storm. I would almost have to agree that it looks like the back side of a storm. Could you give more description or even post a small video clip?

Gatien, c'est peut etre un "nuage de mur" mais, on ne peut pas voir tres bien. Le photo n'est pas de tres bonne qualite. Mais, bien que vous n'avez pas vu un grand orage avec un tornade, vous avez une belle eclaire! Bravo! Bonne chance avec tous vos chases!

Hi again everybody!

Thanks all for your answers! I'm searching for the radar image at the time this was taken, it would be of great help. I will put together a clip also... I will all do this Sunday, since I'm leaving all day tomorow.

Maybe it is just the back end of the storm... it's just that when I saw that live during lightning it looked like a monster! hehe and I found that it had somewhat a wall cloud shape... Anyway I will gather has much information as possible and publish it here.

Thanks for your help and input guys!

PS: Marc! Your french is pretty darn good! I see that you're from Florida, so did you learn french because of the high population of Quebec citizens in Florida? :p :D

Hi again everybody!
Thanks for your help and input guys!
PS: Marc! Your french is pretty darn good! I see that you're from Florida, so did you learn french because of the high population of Quebec citizens in Florida? :p :D
[/b]

Non, tout le monde parle francais (franglais) maintenant--a cause du tour de france.

The shot is too tight to even get an idea if it's a wallcloud, backside of an updraft, scud cloud or whatever. I don't see a radar image helping you determine a wall cloud either since it's a very low level feature and wouldn't show up on radar.

A wider shot of the feature so we could get it in context with the rest of the storm would help.

Hehe Stan! Either because of the Tour de France or with the help of Babel Fish translation! ...

Anyway, for those who wants to see a clip of that storm I caught you can view the video following this link:
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-5031048487438409513

It's a bit long and please bear with me... it's not a Midwest storm so lot's of you might find this borring :huh:
The structure that we are talking about, is pretty much visible at around 2 minutes and 10 seconds into the video. The video lenght is about 6 minutes..

Cheers!

A wider shot of the feature so we could get it in context with the rest of the storm would help.[/b]

Hehe I totally know what you mean David.... that's the problem with my video cam, I find it so narrow field... gotta get of of those 0.5x reducers (see post about this in Equipment forum)

Cheers!

Back