Video Camera Dash Mounts

Yeah, I don't doubt the velcro holds well. I even wondered about holding so well you'd have trouble with the back. I was just curious about if that Jotto setup included the nylon straps like I have or not. They've held up pretty well over time.

I really wanted the Video Innovators mount that Bill Hark showed pictures of, but unfortunately it is no longer made. I contacted Video Innovators several months ago and they no longer make it and didn't have any left in stock.

So I rigged up a dash cam using Ram mount parts. But I just got a new vehicle and I'm starting over with my setup. I purchased the following multipod and I'm going to give it a try.

http://www.adorama.com/CU080.html

I've done some modifications to it and I think it is going to work out ok. It seems stable and is extremely portable. It sets up similar to the Video Innovators rig. I may give it a test run tomorrow and I'll post how it worked out.

I'm curious abuot why Video Innovators stopped making these. I wish I'd known they were going to halt production---I actually threw one away a few years ago when the suction cups wore out and bought a new unit. I swear by it. I'll definitely make custom repairs to the one I have as long as I can. Frankly, I've yet to see a solution I like better.

A

I have used the Video Innovators mount for years now and love it. I have seen many types of mounts and have tried a few but this is the best so far. The only thing I wish it had come with was a quick release but you can custom make one if you really want. I like this mount becuase of its hard construction and stable shooting platform. I have the 3rd leg mounted into my Galls center console where my radios are mounted. I get steady shots even while driving (except dirt roads ofcourse). I havent checked but I bet you can find one on Ebay. I would check but I am at work and we cant access Ebay here (damn WebSense software).

I've been watching eBay and haven't seen one yet. So if anybody want's to sell theirs let me know...... :lol:

Back