Vid Camera Wide Angle Lens

Thanks not all that cheap....I bought my wide angle from Sears when they still had stuff like that about 4 years ago for around the same price. The threads for my small Sony at the time may have made it a little cheaper, but still around $40.

It may not be a zoom-through lens (only works when the camera's internal lens is zoomed out all the way). Chromatic abberation and softness are probably not good, which in SD may not be an issue - but is something that is going to be pretty noticable in HD. I'd want to see full-size screen grabs taken with this instead of the tiny ones on the auction.

IMO wide angles for video are not worth having. I bought a $300 one for my VX2100 back in 2004 and used it maybe once. They're too much of a hassle to take on and off during a chase, and I rarely found occasion to need it anyway.

Ok, thanks for the response Dan. Maybe I'll buy and see if I like it or not since its so cheap anyway. The reason I asked about the price is I was thinking it was so cheap compared to buying a nicer wide angle lens for a still camera. Maybe there are some nicer ones out there but I wasnt sure of the differences, I see B&H had one for like 150 which may have been better.

If anyone has any experience with this feel free to make any other suggestions.