US Cellular & Laptop

Joey Ketcham

Today I am renewing my contract with US Cellular, mainly because I dropped my phone and now it doesn't work so luckliy they said I could renew my contract which means I can get a good deal on a cell phone.

Does anyone have a definiate answer on whether or not you can access the internet using US Cellular phones connected to a laptop?

I tried this a couple years ago without success and was told by many US Cellular Reps that it wasn't supported and that it wasn't possible to do. I never could get it to work.

Today I am renewing my contract with US Cellular, mainly because I dropped my phone and now it doesn't work so luckliy they said I could renew my contract which means I can get a good deal on a cell phone.

Does anyone have a definiate answer on whether or not you can access the internet using US Cellular phones connected to a laptop?

I tried this a couple years ago without success and was told by many US Cellular Reps that it wasn't supported and that it wasn't possible to do. I never could get it to work.
[/b]

No definite answer Joey.. What i do know though is Cingular has the widest coverage as Im sure many here can tell you. In fact not that i know everything but I havent even heard of US cellular. Im sure it probably uses the same networks of maybe someone like Alltell who I think uses AT&T and the like.. Im unsure who is who anywmore.

If i were to invest in a wireless internet plan though for chasing it would be Cingular. I would buy an air card with antenna connection for a Wilson trucker..

If you look on yahoos front page they have a deal for a free Razor if you sign up for cingular service with a contract.. you could use bluetooth to communicate with your laptop.

My 2c.

I use alltel, and have been able to use data off of US Cellular towers while I was roaming, so I would assume that they provide data to their customers, if they provide to roaming customers.

Back