Ugly plains ridge

Tim Gonyo

EF2
Looks like the ugly plains ridge is keeping severe weather to a minimum. Canada is where its at now, lol!! Time to sit back, and swelter in the heat until at least the 4th of July weekend. Anyone think July will have "one more" good stretch of severe weather for the Midwest and Great Lakes region?

-Tim

Anyone think July will have "one more" good stretch of severe weather for the Midwest and Great Lakes region?

-Tim

We can only wish. What I'm wondering is how the storm season skipped from the southern Plains to the Canadian border while barely touching E IA/S WI/N/C IL.

Give it time, I am sure that we will have a few more good days before AUG, and I am talking about for the Upper Midwest region (IN, IL, IA, MI, WI), which is why I am waiting before I release my DVD. :lol: :lol:

Was it the great Amos Magliocco who said "climatology will get you every time." It's certainly to say there will be no severe for the rest of the summer, but the changes of anything widespread and well-organized seems pretty low. Perhaps another derecho a la 7/13/04 (worst damage to SDF metro's electric grid since the Super Outbreak tors that went right through the heart of the city)? I'm prety much resigned to chasing a few popcorn storms with the occasional marginally-severe hailer.

Ben

I sure hope we get more this summer. we have a severe ts watch just east of us until 1 am tonight, and some possibilities for over the weekend. one can only hope :?

Back