• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

Tropical Storm Teddy

A little surprised that no one's really talking about this one yet, considering the potential for becoming a Category 3 Major Hurricane later this week according to the latest discussion. I myself will be monitoring this one closely with the current level of uncertainty beyond 2-3 days concerning the storm's path. Personally, I would prefer for the storm to track similarly to Paulette and not affect Southeastern NC at all save for maybe some rough surf conditions.

That's not really in an area that would be conducive to any US impact so that's probably why you're seeing quiet.

Plus that track forecast will be a bear.

It will definitely be worth watching for the next few days, at least. If it trends to the far left of the current cone of uncertainty we could be seeing some impact from Teddy sometime next week. But right now that's a pretty big 'if'.

Back