Transferring to a school with meteorology

Hey Dan, OU's program is really taking off the past few years. Dr. Fogt has done some awesome things for us and to help improve the meteorology program (even though he is a climo guy haha) since coming on board. The AMS chapter is also great and improving. I highly recommend visiting here and perhaps attending our annual symposium next month.
Whats great about many of the books mentioned is that almost all of them you will need to purchase for classes at OU. Meteorology Today, Holton, Severe and Hazardous Weather, and Atmospheric Science are all used for courses in the program.

Chip

Hey Chip! I'm glad someone who goes to OU responded to this thread. So far Dr. Fogt has been extremely helpful. He responded to emails quickly and was very encouraging. I'm actually visiting campus on Friday for an appointment with him. I'm very excited! If all goes well my decision to transfer will pretty much be a done deal. Its already looking very much like a transfer will happen, i just can't finalize it without saying I visited campus, which im extremely excited to see in person because everyone i've talked to said it is beautiful.
I'm also happy to hear the Meteorology Today is required for a course. I've started reading it and it seems pretty interesting!

Cheers!

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Dan,

I'm in a similar situation. I'm an undergraduate student at Penn State and had my heart set on an engineering major, but our meteorology program has been tempting me lately. Glad to hear your transfer is looking promising. Good luck!

Hey!
Its great that your school has a program in meteorology, that way if you want to go into that you don't have to transfer! (Although i am kind of happy to be transferring :p).. the good thing about you being an engineering major is that a lot of the same sciences are required for meteorology, so if you switch early enough you shouldn't be too far behind!

Cheers! And best of luck.

Back