Tornado Photos WPSD TV 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think that the scratches on top would give away that the picture was not taken yesterday. Looks like it was taken in 1975.

What the...? Yeah, that was definitely not taken yesterday... Someone also has too much time on their hands :lol:

Originally posted by below the photo notes
Benton, KY
Courtesy: Billy Griffin

Oh come on guys! You can tell that was taken with the latest and greatest 9 megapixel digital camera! Your computer monitors just have really poor resolution! ;)

BTW, I would say that pic was taken closer to 1975 than 2005.

Also, I have a book here with a color photo from 1971 taken near Mitchell, Iowa that looks very similar to the tornado in that picture. If I had the means of scanning it, I'd post it.

I'd say 1974. I know I've seen that picture before, and I'm almost sure its from the super outbreak. Tomorrow I'll ask Dr. Agee and Chuck Doswell and see if they can place it.

The BC

Wow he didn't learn his lesson! What a dishonest person, if it was him who did it. Anyway, I think the TV station took it down because I can't find it on that page. Did someone E-mail them?

I emailed them last night after finding the true identity of the tornado.. I bet I am not the only one who did though. I guess the 1975 picture wasn't too far off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back