The Next Generation Sony Laptop! Wow

A 4.5" screen?! That looks more like a PDA than a laptop... Actually, it looks like a mix between a tablet PC and a PDA...

A 4.5" screen?! That looks more like a PDA than a laptop... Actually, it looks like a mix between a tablet PC and a PDA...
[/b]

Yeah I thought the same.. a 6" screen I think would be ideal.. It reminded me of a blackberry laptop hybrid..

Did you notice it was set up for Cingular Edge service?

Looks interesting... but also very breakable! I do like the portability of it though. It would definitely be something to play around with!

Very, very cool indeed. I believe it would be awesome for chasing, but I'm still partial to something a bit larger.

Still, it would make a great replacement for my Clie handheld ;)

John
VE4 JTH

Wow-- that Sony UX series is extremely cool. I was just shopping for new portable technologies a month ago and might have seriously considered this. Ultraportability is my number-one need, and I was having trouble deciding between a suped-up PDA or a laptop. This Sony product might have fit all my needs. <sigh>

Oh well! Instead, since I could find nothing that perfectly fit all my needs, I got both a PDA and a laptop. :D

* T-Mobile MDA-- an integrated phone/PDA with full QWERTY keyboard and Internet browser. It is just a little bigger than a normal mobile phone-- i.e., the size of any PDA. It can connect to the Internet via GPRS anywhere there is phone network coverage, and it also has Bluetooth and WiFi.
* Dell D410 -- an ultraportable laptop with a 12" screen. I wanted something tiny, as I travel internationally a lot and hate schlepping heavy bags. The D410 is tiny enough to be extremely portabl-- though not as small as the Sony UNIX-- yet just large enough to function as a comfortable, general-use workstation, too. The performance is excellent, and it is fully equipped with Bluetooth and WiFi.

With these two new items, I feel totally ready for the hurricane season. The MDA will be particularly useful when I'm on the road-- i.e., not in a WiFi hot spot-- and need to get on the Internet fast to check radar, get the latest storm info, or update my blog.

That is really cool, but $1800 seems pretty spendy given the specs.

/ couldn't afford one if it was half the cost :mellow:

Back