Swift Wx website down?

restart your computer and see if that helps. Anytime something doesn't work properly I reboot and it usually solves the problem.

restart your computer and see if that helps. Anytime something doesn't work properly I reboot and it usually solves the problem.
If that doesn't work, restart your cable modem and router. I've seen that a couple times and, somehow, it seems to be the router's fault (Linksys in my case). Of course if you don't have broadband, disregard all that nonsense. :)

Thanks for all the suggestions. Basically, I waited it out, and now, the website magically works. I had no problems visiting any other site. It was only Swift Wx's site that was giving me problems, which was why I posted the question at first. But now, everything works!

Owen

I've had this problem in the past with another website or two that I frequent. Sometimes they come up, other times times they wouldn't. All the while others were having no problems hitting them. The problem was resolved by changing the TCP/IP properties on my netword settings, from attaining the DNS server IP automatically, to entering it manually. Not sure if thats whats happening in your case, but you might give that a shot if it happens again.

This doesn't sound like it was a problem on your end. DNS servers (your ISP has these) store information about a website's location name and IP address. Sometimes, if the address of a site changes, the DNS server does not update its tables right away, and thus it tries to point you to an address that no longer hosts the site. This is often quickly fixed, as you experienced.

Read all about it:
http://www.howstuffworks.com/dns.htm

Not sure if thats what Owen was experiencing or not, but in my case, I called my ISP and was instructed to enter the DNS ip manually, which cured the issue. DNS stuff truly is facinating....thanks for the link!

Back