Superstitious chase helpers?

• Thread starter Mike Hollingshead
  • Start date
Originally posted by Andrew Geil
I plan to put Mike Hollingshead on my dashboard someday. He seems to always be able to find the storms.

LOL....Mike, maybe you should offer Hollings-bobble-head dolls with the next video....sounds like there might be a demand for such a thing :lol:

I have a Matchbox toy chase truck velcroed near my cup holders.

For Texas-strength inversions I have a plastic rainstick filled with beads that terrifies domestic pets in the offseason.

If bubbling cu form along the dryline, I sometimes play a cassette tape of thunderstorm sounds to aid in deep layer convergence.

Occasionally I will play the cassette and use the rainstick simultaneously, but you can't go to the well too often.

Never skip steak after tornadoes, even from Dennys or IHOP.

Don't piss off the storm gods.

The show with the "muscle tester" was shot in 1998. That was National Geographic Explorer. It aired many times. Each time they cut more of it out. Eventually Steve Lavine was taken completely out of the episode. Yes, I have a copy of it.

Originally posted by Amos Magliocco
I have a Matchbox toy chase truck velcroed near my cup holders.

A couple of chase seasons ago, I ran across somewone who always had
a matchbox scale mobile home on his dash...wish I knew where to get one
of those.

Don't be superstitious. It's bad luck to be superstitious.

:roll:

Actually, I received a rosary, when I was a child, that goes on every chase with me.

Bob

it is required that at the beginning of every chase Kanani and I play the same "chase" songs as we leave town.

1. Molly Hatchet's "Flirtin with disaster" (the ultimate chase song)
2. El Paso NWS WC's "Tornado coming to your town" (love the siren effects).
3. El Paso NWS WC's "skywarn spotter".

We have had very good luck every time we play these first. A few times we forgot and busted. Cant argue with 35 tornadoes last year!!

Back