Stormy Skies 2011 DVD

John Farley

Supporter
Stormy Skies 2011
Storm Observation Highlights Video by John Farley

This more than one-hour video features:

* The Good Friday Storm that produced the St. Louis Lambert Airport tornado - includes video as seen on the National Geographic Channel
* Three, and possibly four, Arkansas tornadoes on May 25 - The only storm chaser video of the Augusta and Greasy Corner, Arkansas tornadoes
* The microburst that hit Hannibal, MO with 100 mph wind on June 9
* Hailstorms, massive supercell thunderstorms, destructive windstorms, and close lightning strikes
* More than 50 minutes of video and two photo montages, featuring every kind of wild weather

Price is $15, plus $3 shipping. Or I will be happy to trade videos with any storm chaser with a new video out this year. For more info and a trailer please visit:

http://www.johnefarley.com/video2011.htm

I traded my Noob DVD for John's 2011 Stormy Skies DVD.

As an IL resident I love all the severe storms shown in this DVD, most of them HP monsters that we get in the late spring and summer.

What I really liked about this disc was every shot was something I never saw before. So many chasers in 2011 get the same shots of the same events but that wasn't the case here. I was also very impressed with the April 22nd footage as it is the closest thing I have seen to someone actually catching a tornado on camera that day. What looks like it could be a large wedge is seen before quickly getting wrapped in rain. There are also some shots from May 25th of tornadoes I haven't seen. I always enjoy seeing events I didn't know happened or things I missed on chases of my own, and there were many in this disc.

The shooting style is very stable and professional and John is very calm in explaining what is going on.

My only negative critique would be lack of a menu and chapter points. The disc just plays through when it is popped in so when I went to watch it again and wanted to go to a particular chapter I had to FFWD or reverse. I'm not sure if this was due to my player or not though. It definitely did not take away from the content though!

Thank you for the trade John!

Just watched Stormy Skies 2011. St. Louis/MO/IL chasers will love this production. There are ton of noteworthy events centered around this area. If you had a storm come through this area this year, John was probably on it. Most of the shots are unique and some unique tornado footage as well (rare these days). The April 22 St. Louis storm and May 25 Greasy Corners storm both had fantastic structure and lighting, and rendered nicely to DVD thanks to John's high quality camcorder. Thanks for trading, John!

Enjoyed John's Stormy Skies 2011 DVD. Very good camera work done here and shows some great storm structure. My favorite was the Arkansas 25th tornadoes that he captured. I also really enjoyed the photo montages at the end. Thanks for trading John!

Back