Stormtrack Members Affected

My Daughter and storm chasing partner

My Daughter and her family left New Orleans ahead of the storm. They are now in Memphis with her In-laws. Thank God for that. Her husband works for Shell and is trying to get back down there to help supervise geting the refinery back up and running. My grand Dauther stayed at school at LSU and is now trying to get to Memphis. They are now getting ther children enroled in schools in Memphis, my Grand daughter is going to enroll at Memphis State. They don't have a clue when they will be able to go back, if ever.

My fiancee's uncle Paul (a Catholic preist who will be performing our ceremony) lost everything as his house was in the French Quarter. He evacuated to some town 4 hours away from NO but likely will not return for a very long time. :cry:

Much of my dad's family lived in Chalmette for a number of years until my grandmother died in 1985. As of a few days ago, two of my cousins still lived in Slidell and my aunt and uncle lived in Picayune, MS. They evacuated up to Northern Mississippi. Right now, as might be expected, there is no news as to the fate of their homes. But from all media accounts I have seen, the prospects of a joyous homecoming do not look promising.

Please offer up your prayers and help to them and EVERYONE whose lives have been forever altered by this tragic event.

Regards,

Mike

Got the following email of good news earlier this evening from my cousins who live in Slidell:

Hi All,
>
> First, we are in Shreveport staying in someone's vacation home. We are being fed, clothed and taken care of by a family here in Shreveport.
>
> Our homes (tanya's and mine) have minor damage. We can't go home yet because there are no utilities and conditions are not stable. I just learned minutes ago that there may have been an explosion in NO East. If you can confirm this let me know.
>
> Tomorrow morning several of us will go looking for Mom and Glenn's Dad and bring them back here with us. We feel they are safe but don't have utilities. If they are in shelters we know the conditions are not good. Pray for us as we are concerned about finding THEM AND FINDING gas.
>
> My son is still in Chalmette doing boat rescues but we have not heard from his since the hurricane hit. My dau. in law was just evacuated from Baptist Hopst. where she was on duty till conditions got too bad. She is now in lafayette or Lake charles.
>
> I am getting requests for temp. housing in baton rouge, hammond, lafy. If you know of anyone with rentals in that area please let me know so I can pass this info on.
>
> For my family out of town, keep in touch as you have been it helps alot, for my friends please let me know where you are how you are. We will be opening our house to anyone that needs a place to stay during the rebuilding.
>
> Love to all and God Bless,
> Mike, Donna and Ashley Herrmann
> Glenn, Tanya, Andrew and Grace Martin

Back