Storms pounding parts of southeast Nebraska!!

Craig Maire II

Several counties in southeast Nebraska are under severe thunderstorm warnings at this time!

Gage and Johnson counties/ Until 7:30 pm CDT 03/06/05!! :D

Nebraska storms!!

JHadorn, Looks like most of the storms are off to your east. Wish I was there!!

Nebraska storms!

Awsome pic JHadorn!! This time of year I'd be happy to see a few bolts of lightning and or some pea sized hail etc.!! SDS!!

I noticed some towers to my south while returning home from the hardware store, and I have to admit it put a little smile on my face. After I got back, I sat down to check my e-mail and practically fell out of the chair when I heard the tones go off.

Looking at radar, though, I kinda wonder why OAX warned on the storm. A little trigger-happy following a long winter, perhaps? It pulsed up briefly, maxing out at 40 VIL; given the low freezing level, I guess it could of produced some borderline severe hail.

Originally posted by Jeff Lawson
Looking at radar, though, I kinda wonder why OAX warned on the storm. A little trigger-happy following a long winter, perhaps? It pulsed up briefly, maxing out at 40 VIL; given the low freezing level, I guess it could of produced some borderline severe hail.

Look at the reflectivity cores aloft when the warning was issued. 50+ at 20000 feet is pretty good. And 60+ dbz at the surface is quite likely to be producing small hail, especially with the freezing level below 700 millibars and a nice, cool -22 C at 500 millibars per 00 Z sounding at OAX.

If you are posting in this forum, please pay note to the rules:

http://www.stormtrack.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1076

Thanks,
Glen

Agree that much of this thread including initial post could have fit into TA with a NOW heading. I have noticed much conversation on ST lately about the proper location for various threads. The question I have is since the thread has already progressed in WC would it really make sense to open a new one in TA? Maybe more sense to simply move it over but there is still a mix of REPORTS (photos) and NOW (storm attributes) posts in the thread. Do these simple, more or less after the fact, minor events warrent TA posting?

Not meaning to step on toes here but being a relatively new member and reading through recent discussion on TA versus WC I'd like to get a feeling from others on this.

-JT

Nebraska storms!

Sorry if this post is in the wrong forum, I don't know how to move it over.

What's left of those storms are about to hit here now.

Crazy weather like I like it. 73° for a record high here today, followed by snow showers tomorrow!

Originally posted by Geoff Boyle
More self-policing I see.

UGH. An occassional reminding of the rules is acceptable in my opinion, in cases where rules are being broken... Otherwise, the best method is either to notify a Moderator, or PM the original poster. Posts such as this one above has no value and is worse than the post that Geoff is referring to in the first place... Please use PM if you want to make a comment such as this. Yes, I know I am being slightly contradictory in not using PM myself in this instance, but I want to remind everyone that PM is the preferred method of communication in times such as this...

Back