Storm Safari

With "20 years experience" you would think he would have some of his own pictures.

As for the bus.. :lol: I dont see any way they could keep it from rolling in strong straight line winds unless they added training wheels which would fit in with their obvious experience (read lack of).

I have never heard of any of these guys and I have been out here since '85

None of the pictures of the Mulvane tornado are Eric's. I know what vehicle shot the pictures because we passed each other several times, but I don't know who they are.

I think it is highly unlikely that they have permission to use all of the photos on their website. Especially the ones shot buy other tour operators.

As for the bus, I have no problems with it as long as they pull completely off the road when stopped.

Scott Currens
Preview our 2004 Highlights Video:
www.mesoscale.ws/video

If this is a real operation it will really hurt the legitimate
tour business -- looks too carnival like. I half expect
Krusty the Clown to pop his head out and wave!

Mike

javascript:emoticon(':lol:')

Please be sure to take a look at the photo galleries. Anybody see any photos that look familiar???

For one thing, they put those fake photos of hurricane Isabel up; but what the hell is this?
[Broken External Image]:http://www.stormsafari.com/galleries/Hurricane/images/comme_un_ouragan.jpg

Hey Thomas!

That picture looks like a poster of some sort... just under the pic it says "Comme un ouragan" wich translates to: "Like a Hurricane"

It's not a genuine pic for sure, well not from them at least!...

Looks like there's sun shining on the foreground objects — is it meant to be an eyewall seen from the eye or something?

Oh my...what a getup. Way high profile and probably a top speed of 65 mph too :eek: The scenic tour of the bear cage via the slow boat to China. If you're getting close enough to need bullet-proof glass, you'd better have a vehicle that can haul when the fur starts to fly. I have a hard time believing that this zero-to-60-in-27-seconds school bus could get you out of the unexpected in any kind of a hurry, unless he's got a 7' furry guy in the passenger seat who can make the jump to light speed. :p

Other contact info to owner

register
Jay Sanet
Storm Safari, Inc.
[email protected] (stis.net is a telecom company)
4101 Ravenswood Rd Ste 128
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 33312 US
+1.5617160833

The listed office number on stormsafari.com shows
this for # info

Norstar Group
1747 Van Buren St
Hollywood, FL 33020-5131
(954) 927-1141

Tom Allinder is listed as being here

Virginia Beach, VA 23454-6302
(757) 721-2267

Originally posted by Chris Sokol
Looks like somebody cold busted them...all of the pics with the exception of the tornado shots are down.

Like I mentioned earlier...I did go ahead and send their webmaster an email. It was quite lengthy, so I wont cover all aspects of it...but i did cover heavily that some of their photos were fakes, POSTERS, or stolen images. Dont know if that had any affect on that or not...

Also...I got a reply, which states:

Thank you for your concerns and good thoughts.

Regards, Storm Safari

LOL!

Ok, I spoke at length with Safari Jay Sanet via several emails last week when their ridiculous site and bus pictures came up...Although he seemed to skirt the issue of everyone else's photos on his site, he did tell me THEY shot the tornado pics at Mulvane.
When I asked who they were, how did they have 20 yrs chase experience, when NO ONE has heard of them, where did they chase, all that, I received this in return:

<Dave...

Thanks for your good wishes.

I'm not the storm chaser in our organization. I chase the paperwork.

Charlie Johnston is our Chief Meteorologist and tour leader. Charlie is
the Navy's chief forcaster at weather station Oceana in Virginia Beach,
VA. He's also a veteran storm chaser. We had to overcome some obstacles to get him early retirement. The Navy didn't want to let him go. Tom Allinder is also a former Naval weather guesser. Tom's wife is a former USAF weather guesser and veteran storm chaser.

We are going to do our very best to help bring storm chasing to the
forefront of American and European adventure travel vacations. It's an
exciting business sector and we are proud to be part of it.>

Sounds like another awful made-for-tv weather disaster waiting to happen....I let it go at that, since guessing the weather at Virginia Beach is a little different than driving their armored Partridge Family bus through an 80+ mph RFD blast. I had to learn that stuff, so will they I suppose.
They'll probably be gone next year, let's just hope no one is hurt or killed, or sent to Oz in that horrible looking bus.

Don't miss reading their "Private Placement Offering" under "Investor Relations". Ohhhhhhh myyyyyy God....! :roll:

All you TX, OK, KS, and NE chasers are really weird.... According to the offering
Tourists typically are either out-of-state residents or live outside the United States; undoubtedly because residents in and near Tornado Alley are accustomed to the sight of tornadoes and are probably not thrilled at the prospect of chasing the beast that could destroy their houses!

None of the principals' CVs has any reference to any of them having ever been stormchasing. :shock:

ROTF :lol:

If you do some digging on these guys, you'll find that the VP (note his mug in the pic top right) and weather forecaster is really a member of a small business investment group -

www.hotstockchat.com

Who is linked to the CEO through prior attempts to market apaprently defunct companies:

http://www.tradersnation.com/nstg.shtml

In fact, the VP was previously tied to a marine weather consulting company that no longer exists. Could be they have a sort of tax scam with small business ventures or taking investor money to 'start up' businesses that are never really meant to succeed. Anyhow, doubt they'll be seen on the plains this spring.

Glen

Looks like this chase operation has dabbled in mining and medicine.

http://www.stockpatrol.com/schlock/article...es/norstar.html
So what will it be? Does NorStar Group, Inc. (OTCBB: NSTG) plan to find gold, fight against HIV, or market a virtual reality device? Or is the Company on the brink of developing a product for use by the military? Any one of those ventures would seem to pose an ambitious undertaking, but NorStar has declared plans to pursue all three. Which seems pretty bold for a Company that had just $4,200 in cash at the end of September 2002.

In recent years, the Company has declared plans to enter several businesses, with little apparent success. ..... Mr. Sanet has surfaced as the Company’s principal spokesman, although it does not appear that he has a background in Internet development, virtual reality technology, biotech, or mining.

The intrigue reaches a whole new level...

Tim

Originally posted by Chris Rozoff
Maybe it's just me, but doesn't it seem in the pictures of the staff
http://www.stormsafari.com/subpages/aboutu...s/meet_team.htm
seem like the type of people you wouldn't want to mess with.

\"Excuse me sir, don't you think we should be driving into the plains, not this Miami 'hood?\" \"Hey squirt, do you want me to send you to Papa Sanet?! Then shut up!\"

When they say to you in a hail storm \"Get back in the short bus or get whacked\", I think \"Sven\" might be referring to something else than the hail.

Oh my....

Chris

BTW...I loved the parady of this site in the \"Everything Else\" forum!

Nope, I thought the same thing too... That pic of "Jay" looks like it was shot in the early 80's, LOL. As Glen said, there is most likely a scam going on here - These guys seem to know nothing about storm chasing AND they suck at web development... Guess they wasted their money researching the next HIV cure...

Back