Storm Chasing DVD: Tornado Raid 1 (2010-2011)

Finally just finished watching both discs. This DVD ranks up there with the best that I have seen in 2011. The 8-11-11 chapter without a doubt is my favorite. Such an amazing, beautiful tornado that was not well documented. These days its so hard to have unique footage of a huge tornado and this is certainly a gem. Its a shame Cherry county, NE lacks roads, that beautiful monster was such a slow mover they could have easily gotten closer and gotten some of the best tornado video in 2011 if they had a road option. Plus the RFD clear shot footage is simply stunning and probably the best example of an RFD wrapping up a circulation I have ever seen. The timelapse would make for top notch education video.

This DVD also features the best shot of the Mapleton tornado I have seen and is probably the only DVD where the tornado actually looks like a tornado instead of a gustnado on steroids, you can even see the rope out.

The June 17th 2010 footage of the Albert Lea storm was great too because I also chased that storm, and there were some tornadoes on this DVD that I didn't see proving once again how amazing that storm really was.

Most of the footage is dash cam mount, which I generally am not a huge fan of, but the tornadoes are completely amazing and this is one of my favorite DVDs of 2011.

Plus, Jeff sent out 3 copies to me since the stupid post office lost the first 2, which shows allot about his character and how much he values customer satisfaction. I highly recommend this DVD! You will no be disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Making a new batch of DVDs and will have them ready to sell at Chaser Con. I will be at the Severe Studios booth with them. For every Tornado Raid DVD that is sold, $5 will be donated to the Andy Gabrielson Memorial Fund. Thanks to everyone who has got one so far!

I finally got a chance to watch this MONTHS after getting it. My Bluray copy did work just fine, no issues.

My one complaint is there is definitely some footage that is not HD or Bluray on the Bluray disc. I was a bit disappointed in this. Thats my only real complaint.

Jeff went above and beyond to offer great customer service. I didnt even watch the video yet when he found out about issues with the Bluray copies. He sent me a standard DVD copy just in case. Thats pretty darn stand up if you ask me. He also sent me a replacement Bluray case at no charge because mine had been busted to pieces during shipping. Luckily the disc was fine.

Overall the footage was great. Would definitely buy again!

Back