Storm chasers drove into a tornado on purpose

I'm far more upset about the running of stop signs. To me, if someone wants to risk their own life by driving into, or very close to tornadoes, that is their decision. There are all sorts of extreme sports where people die regularly, and the participants are aware of the risks they're taking. But when your behavior puts others' lives at risk, who are doing nothing wrong, or risky, then that's an issue, for sure.

Intentionally driving into a tornado can certainly put others at risk - if you guess wrong on "Oh we knew the tornado was weak", EMS now needs to respond - potentially putting themselves in the way of more storms, and drawing resources away from impacted areas.

I have driven through tornadoes 4 times. Every time was accidental. 030405, 100616, 110521, and 150604. Every one was weak. The strongest of the 4 probably had winds of around 80-90 mph, and caused me no grief. You should rightly be saying "So what?" I have no good answer for that question. I only post this because this whole thread makes me think that maybe there are some of you who need to chill a bit.

I could not agree more with you, Bob (and btw, how's it going, bud!). Some people just need to chill. Sighhhh. Unfortunately, this is the world we live in now....everybody wants to be the activist who...."makes the world a better place". If one is so strongly compelled to make the chasing world "a better place" by turning in your fellow chasers to law enforcement, by reporting them to rental car agencies, by reporting them to their employers (are you kidding me??), then I honestly believe you're a chaser that needs some serious couch time with a trained psychiatrist to help ease the emotional turbulence within you.
As Matt Hunt stated earlier in this discussion, this is a tired horse that has been beaten to death...year in and year out. We should call this the "Groundhog Day" discussion.

Back