Storm Chaser Party in KC -- Saturday, Nov 13th

Folks,
Its finally time for the umpteenth annual Kansas Chaser Party! (Actually held in KC MO this time) Shawna Helt has graciously offered to host this shindig at her palatial estate in North KC. The party will begin at 3PM on November 13th. Directions can be found at the bottom of this mail. Please RSVP to either Mike Umscheid ([email protected] ) or Jay Antle ([email protected]) so we can get a sense of turnout.
Shawna will be providing condiments and a few sides but you should bring your own main dishes to grill (and whatever other goodies you want to munch on). Also, please BYOB. Jay's bringing lots of wine......
And of course, bring your best video. Please try to condense down to about fifteen-twenty minutes so we can get everybody in. Given the insanity of this previous season, I'm looking forward to seeing some great video! Shawna's directions follow.....

Cheers,
Jay Antle & Mike Umscheid

Here are the directions to my house. Anyone can email me at [email protected] if they have questions. Also, there will be signs to the party once you're in the sub-division. (I put the N,S,E,W Hwy. directions first, and the rest of the directions are below the dotted line.)

Shawna Helt
305 NW 110th St.
Kansas City, MO 64155
816-734-9694

From the West (Lawrence, Topeka):
Take I70 EAST
To 435 NORTH
To 152 EAST (Barry Road)
To 169 NORTH (Smithville)
Follow to 108th St. (stoplight)
Turn RIGHT on 108th St.

From the South (Wichita, Tulsa):
35 NORTH
To 635 NORTH
To 29 SOUTH
To 69 NORTH (Smithville)
Turn RIGHT on 108th St.

From the East (St. Louis):
I70 WEST
To 435 NORTH
To 152 WEST
To 169 NORTH (Smithville)
Turn RIGHT on 108th St.

From the North (St. Joe, Omaha)
129 SOUTH
To 169 SOUTH
Follow to 108th St.
Turn LEFT at 108th (stoplight)

******************************************************************************************

Follow 169 to 108th St. (stoplight)
Turn RIGHT onto 108th St.
Turn LEFT on N. Oak Tfwy. (You will see a blue water tower to your right once on N. Oak)
Turn LEFT on 110th St. (Pine Lake Subdivision)
Take an immediate RIGHT at McGee St. (McGee turns into 111th St.)
Turn LEFT on Wyandotte St. (stop sign)
Turn RIGHT on 110th St.
6th house on the left - 305 NW 110th St.

Thanks Mike! Can't wait to see everyone and catch up on all the terrific video that is floating around after this incredible year ... thanks for your hospitality Shawna ... looking forward to seeing everyone there!

I don't think my house is a "palatial estate" as Umscheid described (lol), but we should fit everyone comfortably.

I should have enough chairs, but if anyone has a fold up or lawn chair they can bring (just in case), that would be great. I also have a couple of large throw pillows for any limber people that wouldn't mind sitting on the floor.

I can't wait to see everyone and their videos! And thanks to Jay and Mike for putting this together. I look forward to it every year!

Party on!

:D Shawna

Back