Spotter Network: RadarScope "You can not report Location" problem!

Oliver G.

Enthusiast
Hello when I login to RadarScope with Spotter Network, report Location not work!
Screenshot:

It comes the Message ! You can not report Location! I use IPhone or IPad! I have all Test passed and normal Login work! Please help me thanks!

First day after signing up. I’m not sure I can reply here with a similar issue? Or do I need to initiate a new post?

First day after signing up. I’m not sure I can reply here with a similar issue? Or do I need to initiate a new post?

We'd need to know your callsign or marker number to help any further.

1. Have you passed training with a score of 80 or higher?
2. Do you have a phone number in your NWS Contact Information?

N5TXE

During the most recent storm event, there was no net up so I attempted to post a SN report from RS. I didn't take a screen shot at the time during the event, nor do I remember the EXACT error message or number, it was a failure to send a report, stating I couldn't/didn't have rights to report. But the login screen said I did.
So I went online and made the report. The next day, I looked and it appeared the report did go in as there were 2 reports in SN for the same event.

From other threads I logged out and back in to SN in RS.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 1.56.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 1.56.05 AM.png
    96.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0240.PNG
    IMG_0240.PNG
    465.1 KB · Views: 0
  • E7F81A2D-FC73-496F-BC32-0E002AEC3023.jpeg
    E7F81A2D-FC73-496F-BC32-0E002AEC3023.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 0
Hi Colin, Your account looks to be in good shape. It looked like you made two reports on the 25th, about 10 minutes apart of hail.

Hi Colin, Your account looks to be in good shape. It looked like you made two reports on the 25th, about 10 minutes apart of hail.
John,
2 items.
MAIN: I inadvertently posted my ID in the attachments above. On my login, the id screen shot still shows being attached. I reported it twice to be removed as I could see no way to edit or remove it on my own. Someone had responded it was taken care of but in my login, it still is attached.

Second: Reporting Errors. I also saw there were 2 hail reports.
  • The first had to be the one I received an ERROR in Radarscope when I tried to send it in from my iPhone during the event.
  • The second was when I went online to post the report (as there was not a RACES net up at the time).
My reason for posting in this thread was to figure out the error.
  • During the storm event, I checked quickly the following:
    • I was logged in
    • That screen said "This account CAN report location". (Just like screenshot attached from now.)
    • But it flashed some error code stating I was not able to report my location or a report. (I don't remember exactly and didn't take a screen shot at the time during the event).
    • So that is why I logged online on a computer and sent the report in.
  • Just now - probably not kosher - I sent a TEST report under OTHER.
    • It too failed with a different error that flashed and disappeared with a x000 something error. it was too fast to look at or capture.
My need for this is as a trained spotter for Tarrant County Texas, I want this to work flawlessly next time there is an event.
The fact I had an error that day and again today for a test is still an open item I could use help resolving.
Also, I need someone to either delete the original post above with my ID or take out the attachment.
Thank you. Colin

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_67e.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_67e.jpeg
    34.6 KB · Views: 0
Hi Colin,
Correct, Test reports are not allowed and we filter for them and return an error because they are so disruptive to the system so that wouldn't be a test of your initial issue.

Back