SN Spotter Network: Abuse?

I don't know if it's just been more visible recently or something, but it does seem like there's been an uptick in worthless Spotter Network reports like this recently compared to the last few years.

Probably because there are more SN users than in previous years... Ask a local NWS office how they are doing on getting worthless reports :)

I don't know if it's just been more visible recently or something, but it does seem like there's been an uptick in worthless Spotter Network reports like this recently compared to the last few years.

Didn't it take some time the Spotter Network to become trusted when it first started?
Looks like it might be headed back to that time.

What i heard on the local skywarn net, not only did the ones in field not know what to report, they were asking net control if it should be reported and net control did not even know. And this group had just attended the skywarn class about two weeks earlier.

No, it's not headed back anywhere.

As you noted - Skywarn observers who just went through training two weeks ago didn't know what weather features to report to the Skywarn net control, and the SKywarn net control didn't know what weather reports he as the Skywarn trained net control should take :) That's just the nature of the business with volunteer non-meteorologists making weather reports.

Back