Services for Tim & Paul Samaras

For those that have not seen the announcement from Caryn Hill's FB page, below is the preliminary information for services. Updates to follow as more details are announced.

Samaras Service announcement: For those needing to travel to Denver for Tim and Paul's service, it has definitely been set for this Thursday, June 6th. The time is currently set for 1pm but that may change by 1 hour or so, either way. The location is in the C-470 and Broadway area, which is s/sw of Denver. I will have the name of the venue tomorrow by noon, when I speak to Jim for an update. Please share this status with everyone you feel may want to attend. Also, they have asked Mike Nelson, Chief Meteorologist of Channel 7, to read the eulogy. Mike has known Tim and family for over 2 decades, so it seemed very appropriate to have him lead us all through the day. Please share this status so everyone that would like to make travel arrangements to Denver, has time to do so.

edit: Caryn did clarify this is open to all chasers as the venue will hold up to 850.

Last edited by a moderator:
DENVER - Memorial services for stormchasers Tim Samaras and his son Paul Samaras will be held Thursday afternoon, the family said.
The services will be on June 6 at 1 p.m. at Mission Hills Church at 620 SouthPark Dr. in Littleton. More info or directions can be found at http://www.missionhills.org
In lieu of flowers, the family is asking for donations to be sent to a foundation set up in Tim and Paul's honor. Additional details about that foundation are pending.

full details:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...l-samaras-will-be-thursday-and-open-to-public

Last edited by a moderator:
From a post from the TWISTEX Facebook page:

Carl's service will be held Saturday at 12 with burial at 3pm at McFarlane Mortuary in South Lake Tahoe, CA.

Sympathy cards should be sent to Bob Young, Box 8604, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96158.

Memorials for Carl should be sent to Ventana Wildlife Society.

If anyone needs a place to stay or a ride to and from the airport, please let me know. I will be glad to help those coming from out of town as I live in Denver. I can put up 2 at my apartment.

Still reeling from the shock of this terrible loss. My deepest condolences to the Samaras and Young families and to all who were friends with these folks that will be so sorely missed. I have a question.. Will the services for the Samaras's be live streamed? I think it would be a great idea for those like myself who are unable to attend the memorial service.

Thank you to everybody who came to the service this afternoon. To see so many members of the storm chasing, weather, ARA and Denver Research Institute communities come together was heartwarming. The strength shown by the Samaras family was exceptional, and they are truly a credit to the memories of Tim and Paul.

I am in Philly and was unable to attend the service in CO. Thanks to the family to stream it online and thanks to local Denver Channel 7 to air the stream online. The service was very touching. I enjoyed the stories that were shared by family and friends of Tim and Paul. I just wish I could be there and I will make the next ChaseCon (I really missed too many of these!).

Back