Screaming and yelling

Well at least nobody sounds like their having sex. Lol. Usually I'm pretty quiet but today I just couldn't help myself. I went out basically to spot and was expecting nothing and got a pleasant surprise. Apparently I got so excited that I somehow shut the camera off also. Here's a short clip..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xABQVj4KD_g

I didn't think that was bad at all compared to many other videos.

I wish there was more comedy. I would love to see some one-liners, imitations, jokes, etc....just for a little variety. Maybe we can get someone to do the Mike Myers copy of the Sprocket video when they see their next tornado, since it's been posted here.

I have toyed with the idea of taking a van full of comedians out chasing. A friend from the original (British version) of "Whose Line Is It Anway" has been asking to chase with me for years. It sure would make those hours waiting for storms to break more entertaining. Of course there's the likely possibility as soon as they see a tornado they'll have nothing to say but "Wow..oh wow".

all I can say is when I see my first tornado, you're gonna see me jumping up and down for joy, screaming and yelling and hooping and hollering and I don't care if I look like a fool or not, it'll be my moment of pure jubilation! :D

all I can say is when I see my first tornado, you're gonna see me jumping up and down for joy, screaming and yelling and hooping and hollering and I don't care if I look like a fool or not, it'll be my moment of pure jubilation! :D

What if your first tornado is ripping thru neighborhoods or ranches, where cattle, horses and hogs are cruelly getting maimed by 2x4's and such? What if your first tornado is only tearing up a few outbuildings? Would it be ok to cheer then? I'm not trying to pick on you, Drew. But I'm reading a LOT of replies here that don't seem to have the reverence for what these tornadoes are actually doing while everybody is jumping high into the air and high-fiveing each other. I'm directing this primarily at the newbies in here.

What if your first tornado is ripping thru neighborhoods or ranches, where cattle, horses and hogs are cruelly getting maimed by 2x4's and such? What if your first tornado is only tearing up a few outbuildings? Would it be ok to cheer then? I'm not trying to pick on you, Drew. But I'm reading a LOT of replies here that don't seem to have the reverence for what these tornadoes are actually doing while everybody is jumping high into the air and high-fiveing each other. I'm directing this primarily at the newbies in here.

well hopefully my first nader is out in some desolate field tearing up mud and trees. :)

but I don't live by "what if", i live by "what is and what does", and of course Im not going to be cheering if a tornado is going through a highly populated area, or is ransacking a subdivision or urban area.

A side story related to this topic.

My sister's house was wipped to the foundation by the Franklin, KS/Girard, KS F4 in 03. A few years later she decided she wanted to see the videos of the monster. So I got online and showed her, I think the folks almost cheering on the tornado as it ripped through frustrated her more than seeing the actual damage. "why would these people be so happy?" she asked. There was nothing more I could say at that point.

The most I've ever yelled was while standing outside the vehicle while filming the Tushka tornado on 4/14 crossing the highway in front of us. Given we were outside in 80+ mph RFD using the vehicle as our wind/rain/hail guard, with trees snapping everywhere, small debris falling, and a little dog running around us after his house had gotten hit, I'm surprised I didn't yell more. In general I think our whole crew was pretty quiet given the situation. When you're that close to such an immense force, it's really hard to keep your mouth shut!

The screaming is distracting, but I can forgive people for doing it - on the condition that they don't lose their senses and start calling mid-sized ropey tornadoes "huge wedges" and suchlike.

I say react how you want. People know where the stop button is. I honestly enjoy the extreme reactions to an extent. Kind of brings back memories lol. My reactions vary from, "Oh my GOD THAT IS THE MOST BIGGEST NADO EVER EXTREMELY BESTEST EVER!!!" to " WERE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!! COVER UP THE BABY!!!!!" ......

Back