Rocky Rascovich's Storm chaser picnic is set for Saturday June 2!

PICNIC UPDATE: Despite the marginal set up for Saturday June 2, We are hosting the picnic regardless, unless an obvious significant event unfolds, which as of now I highly doubt will happen. This will be quite similar to last year where the potential area for severe weather will likely be over the TX PH to W. OK. We'll be hoping for at least 20 or so of you to show, so we'll provide enough food and drink for that many unless I have reason to believe more may stop by. If you can, please let me know by Friday afternoon that you'll for sure make an appearance. Picnic starts at 1pm, bring an edited video for us to watch. A minimum of 5 dollars per person donation to cover food and drink would be appreciated. I will tell you that this may be the last year we host a get together during the normal chase season. In the future, if we do this again, we'll host one get together each year probably later in summer. This way, we can focus on a fixed date and worry little about canceling over prospective weather events. Unfortunately that would preclude a number of out of state chasers who normally only venture here during the season..maybe you could make an exception. Anyway, as for now.. I sure hope you can make it this Saturday if you can. Enjoy todays chase and be safe.. looks like another gnarly day unfolding.

DIRECTIONS TO STORMTRACK PICNIC: Starts at 1pm! From I-40/Yukon.. Get off at the Hwy 4 exit, go NORTH thru Yukon and continue thru Piedmont. Aproximately 3 miles north of downtown Piedmont is NW 206th/Apache. Make a LEFT, you'll be heading WEST. Once you traverse a small hill, you'll see a residential area. we are the THIRD road on the RIGHT which is HALL RD. Turn on HALL RD. which is a dirt shale surfaced road and still has a few sizable potholes. Take that to the end which goes into the driveway and you'll arrive to some great food, sharing of tall tales with your atmospheric interludes, even seeing proof of them with some video's, then finally realizing that just maybe you didn't miss that much out in Colorado and the panhandles today after all. A minimum of 5 bucks per person would be appreciated to off set costs. At my wife's requests, no alcohol please, just bring yourself, but if you do bring any food or drink, what isn't used, please take with you when you leave. Looking forward in seeing you!

Back