Rita Forum?

Agreed...Rita is still only a strong Tropical Storm...still. With a week to go before landfall, she could still go anywhere. One model even has her Peaking in 24 hours, then slowly weakening (I don't by this however).

oy. I def should have been clearer in my original post; I was wondering whether there being a Rita Forum is possible, if it comes to that, or if the Katrina forum was just a one-time deal.

Can I infer from your responses that the answer to that question is yes, special forums are a possibility again in the future?

IF indeed there is another 'unique' forum for Rita and the public is open to post...I have friends who are weather savvy enough to post useful info in different parts of the Houston area. IF that forum manifests and IF Rita comes onshore up here. :wink:

I am really loathe to open up a special forum, since all we have is a Cat 3 heading for southern Texas. However since the Katrina forum was a success, we'll go ahead and do it and see how it works out.

Tim

Why are TA discussions on Rita allowed in that particular section? Wouldn't it be better to keep all the TA threads in one place?

Originally posted by Geoff Boyle
Why are TA discussions on Rita allowed in that particular section? Wouldn't it be better to keep all the TA threads in one place?

I think the "NOW" thread is something that somebody started, it wasn't in the Map Room. I don't think the "NOW" thread in the Rita forum needs to follow the rules of the Map Room, since it's not the Map Room. If everyone wants a detailed meteorological analysis, move to the Map Room. That's partly why I don't understand why some of the mods have been stating that it needs to conform to the Map Room rules.

I just hope there aren't 262 different topics in the Rita forum like there were in the Katrina forum. That's just waaay too many topics for one storm.

Back