Return of the Target Area game to Stormtrack

I think it would be awesome if you could set your own start and stop time bounds (in z, CDT, or whatever was given) and, just like the smaller you set your radius, the smaller your time bounds the higher your score.

Stephen, I like that idea a lot! We'll look closer at the feasibility after we get through the initial launch here. Thanks for the idea!

We'll push an update out this afternoon that will address AM/PM and make scoring happen at logical times. More smaller bug fixes as well!

Agreed. Either make AM = 6Z - 18Z and PM = 18Z - 6Z or just get rid of the AM/PM thing altogether and use the normal SPC policy of 12Z-12Z for outlook forecasting and reporting.

Another thing to look out for...tornado reports can be really slow to trickle in sometimes especially for the big QLCS outbreaks. It took almost one week for all of the tornado reports from the March 6th outbreak to get logged.

I don't see a way to make a hail forecast overlap with a tornado forecast. When I tried to do this I first placed a tornado circle then when I attempt to place a hail circle that would overlap my tornado circle it would instead select and display information about my tornado forecast.

Brian, save your Tornado forecast and then add your Hail forecast.

Everyone else: we will release a major update tonight that'll address forecast and scoring timing. We'll also reveal a new output map.

Brian, save your Tornado forecast and then add your Hail forecast.

Everyone else: we will release a major update tonight that'll address forecast and scoring timing. We'll also reveal a new output map.

I figured it out. You have to untick the Pending/Active checkboxes so that existing forecasts don't show up.

Back