Return of the Hurricane Party

I never post here cause I am not a member but find it informative to read all of ya'll comments and observations so I have been reading ya'll for about two years.
Anyway i am in Baton Rouge, LA. I would like to say that alot of the people who are partying are not from NO. They are tourists and people on business that got stuck there and can't leave as they could not get a flight out, a rental car, or a ride with a local. They really cannot comprehend either what is coming at them. They figure there is nothing they can do so they minus well get drunk. Not the right response but it is what it is. I hope they take shleter and the NO mayor has suggested to them to move into the 3rd and 4th floors of hotels if they do not go to a shelter.

I'm having a hurricane party tonight!

Although, I'm in Connecticut and I'll be the only guest. The positives are that I have a good beer supply, a fast internet connection, and a big tv.

bourbon st web cam

was just checking out the live cam on bourbon street again, surprising to see just how many people are still just going about their day to day routines. some gathering on the street corners, taxi cabs coming and going, getting beer (i would guess for their party tonite, which very well could be their last), walking the dog...etc. i dont think they are taking this seriously at all. i would think they would at least be trying to board up if they are planning on riding it out. good luck N.O.

This is getting weird what is being posted on here is being reported by Fox within an hour of the post!

On Fox News, Sheppard Smith just asked some guy on Bourbon Street, "What are you doing here?"

The guy replied, "NONE OF YOUR FU*KIN BUSINESS!!" on live TV! :lol:

Originally posted by B Ozanne

Although, I'm in Connecticut and I'll be the only guest. The positives are that I have a good beer supply, a fast internet connection, and a big tv.

I am also in CT now enjoying some down time with family and I would like to partake in said beer!

BTW ... just watching Fox News and some guy is going around and asking people why they are still here ... he was met with profanity live on air! And yikes, they have confiscated more than 10 guns and multiple knifes and alcohol from people going into the superdome

Originally posted by Rob_Davis
On Fox News, Sheppard Smith just asked some guy on Bourbon Street, \"What are you doing here?\"

The guy replied, \"NONE OF YOUR FU*KIN BUSINESS!!\" on live TV! :lol:

I so heard that too ... he was asking some guy why he was walking his dogs when the mayor said to get out of town.

Originally posted by Benjamin Sipprell+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Benjamin Sipprell)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-B Ozanne

I am also in CT now enjoying some down time with family and I would like to partake in said beer!

BTW ... just watching Fox News and some guy is going around and asking people why they are still here ... he was met with profanity live on air! And yikes, they have confiscated more than 10 guns and multiple knifes and alcohol from people going into the superdome[/b]

That was Shepard Smith... He's been down by the bars on Burboun street reporting on the "100+" folks down there who are partying at the bars. Interesting that he noted that "there will be a lot of dead people in New Orleans tomorrow" barring any unforeseen changes in intensity or path.

bourbon st web cam

well they are now being rained on..youd think maybe they would have the sense to get in out of the rain...but no...the one guy that has been sitting on the curb all afternoon is still hanging out on the sidewalk with beer in hand...figure we'll be reading about him sometime tomorrow...

I never realized how straightforward the Fox News people could be ... or maybe he was blowing off steam ... either way, Burboun street or the Superdome ... things are getting edgy and now its raining on the thousands of people trying to get into the biggest Hurricane Party of them all ...

Originally posted by Nysee
I never post here cause I am not a member but find it informative to read all of ya'll comments and observations so I have been reading ya'll for about two years.
Anyway i am in Baton Rouge, LA. I would like to say that alot of the people who are partying are not from NO. They are tourists and people on business that got stuck there and can't leave as they could not get a flight out, a rental car, or a ride with a local. They really cannot comprehend either what is coming at them. They figure there is nothing they can do so they minus well get drunk. Not the right response but it is what it is. I hope they take shleter and the NO mayor has suggested to them to move into the 3rd and 4th floors of hotels if they do not go to a shelter.

I'm from Baton Rouge. My parents are in Denham Springs. I wish you well.

I'm still holding tight in Mobile. I'm banking on the right hand turn, if im wrong im wrong but at least i wont be stuck in MS for a few days or worse.

Originally posted by Jeff Snyder+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeff Snyder)</div>
Originally posted by Benjamin Sipprell@
<!--QuoteBegin-B Ozanne

BTW ... just watching Fox News and some guy is going around and asking people why they are still here ... he was met with profanity live on air! And yikes, they have confiscated more than 10 guns and multiple knifes and alcohol from people going into the superdome

That was Shepard Smith... He's been down by the bars on Burboun street reporting on the "100+" folks down there who are partying at the bars. Interesting that he noted that "there will be a lot of dead people in New Orleans tomorrow" barring any unforeseen changes in intensity or path.[/b]

Let's hope that Shepard Smith isn't going to be one of those casualties. As some here have said, this might be the first storm that claims tv reporters.

If he becomes a casualty, that will be one ironic comment to look back on from a reporter in the field. :(

Re: bourbon st web cam

Originally posted by joannie
...figure we'll be reading about him sometime tomorrow...

Actually, this reminds me of something: I expect that it will take a few days before the magnitude of the event can be comprehended (if that will ever be possible), and the media can get a grasp on any sort of composure to present the aftermath to the world in a cohesive way.

The first casualty of war is the facts, and this may resemble Hiroshima.

Bob

Back