"Rendez-Vous in Tornado Alley", a french TV series (with subs!)

First post in the thread should answer that question.

Thanks, you're right. I managed to miss that part of the original post, and have never noticed the CC button on youtube, let alone these videos. Awesome!

Additional thanks to Christophe Asselin for this additional effort!

Thank you guys! Really glad you enjoyed the show. Hope there weren't too many mistakes in the subs as I made them all by myself!

If ever you're interested, there is a Facebook page for Chroniques Chaotiques (Chaotic Chronicles :) ) where you'll find pictures from our trip and from my french chases.

Good luck to everybody for the continuation of the 2012 season!

That is a wonderful series. The videography was great. I loved the time lapse photography which gave me a greater appreciation of storm structure and the dynamics of the wind flow. The music was suitable accompaniment, just enough, not too loud. I loved the commentary sections. Thank you for the subtitles. I can't think of anything that I did not like about this presentation. This film was much better than the Discovery Channel's version of storm chasing. This reminded me of surfing dudes' pursuit of an Endless Summer but with storms.

I can't wait to watch it again. I hope you plan to do something like this again.

I also found it to be much better than what American broadcast television has produced on tornado chasing. The subtitles were very clear, and the lack of artificial disagreement between the chasers kept the series focused on the chases rather than the personalities. Excellent usage of time lapse and structure views really added to the overall presentation. I hope you will do more of these.

Thank you guys! Really glad you enjoyed the show. Hope there weren't too many mistakes in the subs as I made them all by myself!

If ever you're interested, there is a Facebook page for Chroniques Chaotiques (Chaotic Chronicles :) ) where you'll find pictures from our trip and from my french chases.

Good luck to everybody for the continuation of the 2012 season!

Watching the finale now....cannot thank you enough for this series!

Excellent series, gentlemen!!!! Just watched all 10 episodes. Awesome!!!! Far, FAR better than the Discovery Channel's series!!!! Thank you very much!!!

Brilliant ! with the poor internet I have I downloaded the clips overnight in full HD and watched on my 40in HD TV, the subtitles did not carry over from Youtube, but the visual experience made up for it. Too many other clips focus solely on the tornado as if it was the only goal.

WOW!!

Very well done; excellent cinematography, video editing and overall presentation.
Good choice on audio tracks and sound levels as well.

Thanks for the share!

Brilliant ! with the poor internet I have I downloaded the clips overnight in full HD and watched on my 40in HD TV, the subtitles did not carry over from Youtube, but the visual experience made up for it. Too many other clips focus solely on the tornado as if it was the only goal.

You're absolutely right! Storm chasing is not just about tornadoes, and that's what I tried to show in the series. And also, we wouldn't have enough footage to make the show if we had focused only on tornadoes, haha.

Thank you again everybody for your kind words!

Back